GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had my vortec max for a few years now and have loved the performance. I currently have a tune by zippy (admin. on sssilverado.com), cai, and i have cut the cats out and am running a true dual exhaust with flowmasters and 6" tips. But recently i have upgraded my lift to much larger and am now running 37" tires and i feel like a good amount of my performance has been lost. I am also running the stock 4.10 gears.

But what i am thinking is that my factory warranty will be up in about 1500 miles and i am interested in which mods i will see a noticeable increase in. i have thought about upgrading the cam but was interested in whether a street legal cam would even be worth the money? Unfortunately california is pretty gay about emissions and this is my dd so i have to keep it along those lines. So what upgrades will be the best in my scenario?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go with 4.88s and lol at cutting your cats but being worried about smog..
haha, yeah its crazy loud. i love it. :biggrin:

Idk if i want to regear though cause i may be taking my body lift off and running 35's..4.10's are pretty nice on 35's

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have thought about a pro charger. i can get one for $3500..

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Re-gear dude

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
4.23's then,

i have 3.73's on a 35 and its poop compared to my bothers with 4.23's and his is 100 percent stock.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but will a 4.10 to 4.56 be all that noticeable on a 35? enough to spend 1k on when i can just save a little more and get a procharger? Thats all based on the fact that i do drop down the 35's. im not 100% on it though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Procharger, just have to do a little re pluming and work to make it all good. Although I still say turbo! I like the 4.56's in Steve's truck now that it has enough power to pull through the gear.

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Procharger, just have to do a little re pluming and work to make it all good. Although I still say turbo! I like the 4.56's in Steve's truck now that it has enough power to pull through the gear.
All i know is i ran a remount setup on my blazer and it was hell. But it was the infamous 4.3

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
Something that big does not need to be moving to damn fast.
Sure it does, makes it 20 times better when u blow by people in a big ass truck. Plus 90 percent of the accidents i see aren't with lifted trucks its usually little ricers or lowered pickups :tongue:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts