GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i already have all the exhaust done on my truck, also a k&n air filter, helix throttle body spacer, and a hypertech chip, but i'm needin to know what other upgrades i can make to get a lil more hp and torque and maybe even better mpg? would either goin to a larger throttle body or a new intake manifold change anything?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
no, there is no point in changing the t/b. i heard a lot of guys saying they last power and mpg with the t/b spacer. all i had on mine was headers, custom exhaust that dumped behind the cab, and a stock intake, and a hypertech. i was beating 4 door hemis on the interstate. i was on 22s with a 2/6 drop

get headers and run a high flow exhaust system..not just a muffler.
if that's not enough, go get a cam and a 3000 stall. run you about 1100 all together if you do it right, and get a good stall.

good luck. everything costs money..and lately i've seen parts climbing in price.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have the headers, the hi flow cat, and the flows 40 series dumped and it runs good, but i'm fixin to have to turn over 35's.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Gears....some gears....probably some gears.....oooo, maybe some gears!

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i don't know how to put them in, and swappin out everything that's needed for the front and rear gears with labor was right at 1000

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
They really aren't very expensive for the returns in power, drivability, fuel economy and wear and tear. Ive got something like $600 in gears in my 1 ton axles, learn how to do it and save yourself like 50%.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'd rather pay somebody to do it right instead of me actin like i know what i'm doin and fuck up my rearend.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i'd rather pay somebody to do it right instead of me actin like i know what i'm doin and fuck up my rearend.
even buying the right tools, you can do it for less than 1000$. It evident that you spend time online, you are part of a forum...theres QUIET a few pages on the web that tell you the ins and outs of gearing. Quit skipping around it and get gears. like ive said before, bang for the buck, its the best thing you can do for oversized tires.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Heads that actually flow air...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts