GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to powder coat my lift kit and while I'm in there I'm going to go ahead and replace my ball joints just to be safe. My upper on my 08 4x4 1500 have to replace the whole control arm. I've got a 7.5" FTS lift on it. Any recommendations on which arms to use and where to purchase. I looked on rockauto.com and found the moog complete control arms with the ball joints for 180 shipped for both sides. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Considering you're lifted id run aftermarket UCAS. Prob Rcx ones because of the price but you could check out FTS, cognitive, etc.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Rcx is the best bang for the buck from my little research.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Rcx is the best bang for the buck from my little research.
I agree but if you're planning on running dual shock hoops later its better to buck up and buy something with the brackets made on than those ugly bolt on bottom brackets :IMO

Rcx with moog ball joints is what I ordered. $270
More than likely what I'd have done in your shoes tbh.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I agree but if you're planning on running dual shock hoops later its better to buck up and buy something with the brackets made on than those ugly bolt on bottom brackets :IMO

More than likely what I'd have done in your shoes tbh.
In minnesota we hide our suspension cause of the rust. Never thought about hoops haha

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he's saying hoops are kind of a way to show off a little but where he's at the snow and ice is so bad it destroys everything so they don't want anything that stands out

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[MENTION=4116]Cornell[/MENTION] u apart of Pro Installz??

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I think he's saying hoops are kind of a way to show off a little but where he's at the snow and ice is so bad it destroys everything so they don't want anything that stands out

Pretty much. We line x and powdercoat for protecting. Very little bling factor besides a few trucks. I have to rag mine daily in the winter with the kids. It may go a long time without a bath sometimes.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts