GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have my remote wire ran from my wiper fuse but when i turn my key off the power light on the amp stays on. whats my problem? is this normal?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wiper fuse was referred to me in a thread a little furter down the page and in worst case scenario, if the fuse does blow itd take less then 2 minutes for me to hop out and change it

·
Registered
502 Posts
the nnbs doesnt have ignition source. there is a small module to the left of the steering column behind the ebrake release with a tiny pink wire if im not mistaken it has 3 plugs and its the middle connector where the pink is located and that wire has ignition. i would definitely put a 5amp or less fuse to that wire if you do use it.

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
The BCM is located to the left of the column. The plugs face the floor. There should be a brown green black and I think gray,<<<NOT SURE THO ABOUT THE GRAY. Its been awhile. But in the green plug there is a brown wire which is ACC. I always do a relay off of it for any type of ACC power. Hope this helps.

Your amp stay on even after the door is opened? Just wondering if it is from the RAP system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, well today was the first day in a while that I've gotten a chance to mess with the truck any and I looked under the dash and there are 2 grey plugs, 1 brown, 1 black and 1 green. I looked in the green plug and there isn't a brown wire. I'm clueless. I know that other people have hooked up amps in NNBS trucks can any of yall tell me where to get my ACC from?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol yeah, stupid decision on my part at the time but I found the wire that has ignition in it. Its the yellow one in the green plug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts