GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2012 GMC Sierra, recently I try to plug my phone into my USB port and it says reading USB then it goes straight to telling me This media cannot be used. I even tried to play a youtube video that I know used to work. What could be the problem? I hope this is the correct forum to post this under, thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, while it will not play any of my media, it will remain to charge my phone. I find that very weird.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
are u switching ur phone to "media device" mode?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah man, I've never had to do that.. .I don't know if my iPhone even has that

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
oh, iphone....switched to os8?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need at least one song in your iTunes app. In order for the Infotainment system to recognize your iPhone when you connect it using a USB cable you MUST have at least one song in your phones iTunes app. My iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.X.X was having the same issue and as soon as I put a song into iTunes, it worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need at least one song in your iTunes app. In order for the Infotainment system to recognize your iPhone when you connect it using a USB cable you MUST have at least one song in your phones iTunes app. My iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.X.X was having the same issue and as soon as I put a song into iTunes, it worked.
Thank you!!! This fixed the problem immediately. I had deleted my ITunes app because I rarely used it and only had 1 song in it anyway. Reinstalled the app with the 1 song, and it worked right away. THANK YOU!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts