GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to clear my headlights on my 08 Sierra. However I would like to practice on a junk set first. Something about cutting into a brand new 165 dollar headlight for the first time scares me. Looked on ebay and couldn't find any cheap ones. Does anyone know where I could get my hands on one for dirt cheap. Sorry to sound like a puss on this one. I know those of you who have been successful are gonna tell me o take my skirt off and just do it, but I would prefer to practice first. Thanks all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Keep checking on ebay, there have been plenty in the past, as of today there seems to be none, most of them go for around $50 but I have seen some get by everyone for only $25, good luck

·
1,847 Posts
Doesn't necessarily have to be a nnbs headlight. They all use the same silicone/sealing I would imagine. IDK but do u have to cut the headlight open for the oven method? I can't remember. If not then just pop 'em in the oven for a few minutes and call it a day. I'm sure plenty of can tell u detailed instructions.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone ever tried applying a hot iron (clothes iron, not soldering or anything) to the plastic around the edge of the headlight? Just wondering if the silicone adhesive would melt/loosen before the plastic distorted/melted. I know many of you have had success with the cutting of the headlight. Not trying to "reinvent the wheel" here but just brainstorming ideas. I will keep looking on ebay and maybe even call around to some junk yards to find a junk headlight to experiment on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts