1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
"v6 performance" ummm, i dont understand....im j/k man, haha

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well i i have the same truck and I put on a K&N Cold Air and it made a huge difference, but just like you I want some more goodies, do they make cams for these motors?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Well i i have the same truck and I put on a K&N Cold Air and it made a huge difference, but just like you I want some more goodies, do they make cams for these motors?
I'm fixin' to do a K&N CAI by the end of this week as well. Same questions as everyone else btw.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
PCM tuning, rear gears, torque converters, headers, exhaust.

If I had a Vortec 4.3, it would be in a rcsb, with 4.10 gears, 28" tires.

My ex g-friends 1997 rcsb 4.3, 3.08 gears 2wd auto, would beat my 1992 rcsb TBI 350, 3.08 gears 2wd auto in te e1/4 mile..

The TBI 350 was 210hp 300 lb ft, teh 4.3 was 200 hp 260 lb/ft. The 350 walked the 4.3 out of the hole, but it was the 4.3 all the way in 3rd gear, powering past the 350 by the finish line. Thats when I decided that I was buying a Vortec 350 rcsb truck. My girlfriend raazzed me good about that drag race.lol

I am pretty sure Hedman makes a nice pair of longtubes for teh Vortec 4300.

peace
Hog

·
Registered
177 Posts
i've heard of people putting cams in a 4.3, but i have never seen one in person, and as far as headers, i found some longtubes dont remember the brand but they went for about 500 bucks (rediculous)

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I'm fixin' to do a K&N CAI by the end of this week as well. Same questions as everyone else btw.
dont waste your money on that

buy a kn drop in and modify your airbox and bam 50 bucks and youve got a cold air intake

cam would be nice

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
dont waste your money on that

buy a kn drop in and modify your airbox and bam 50 bucks and youve got a cold air intake
How much modifying would be needed, exactly?

And redundancy is a plus too. If an important component gets damaged some how, I can replace the whole thing with the old stuff (and modify as you have said) and drop the air filter in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
lunati makes cams for v6 they have several different ones, haven't checked any prices though

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I'd just check out summit and jegs. If they don't show up on the website give them a call and talk to a salesman and see what they say.

It'd better be a vortec, cause one of my buddies has a TBI 4.3 with longtubes, CAI, true duals, tb spacer, tune, and intake. It's a 2wd 5spd and if he could hit shifts he might give me a run for my money, but otherwise I can take him in the 1/4 easy with a basically stock TBI 5.7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts