GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrite, I have one of those keystone restyling flipper hoods with the flipper door that is vacuum actuated. I got 2001 Silverado 5.3L and am having a hard time finding a vacuum line that will work. I found two lines on the manifold, one looks like the idler on the driver side and the other looks like a breather going from the MAF to the valve cover. Are there any other better choices or are those the only ones I have to choose from and which one should I splice into. Thanks.

DSC00093.jpg

Sorry about the quality, from a cell phone.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Alrite, I have one of those keystone restyling flipper hoods with the flipper door that is vacuum actuated. I got 2001 Silverado 5.3L and am having a hard time finding a vacuum line that will work. I found two lines on the manifold, one looks like the idler on the driver side and the other looks like a breather going from the MAF to the valve cover. Are there any other better choices or are those the only ones I have to choose from and which one should I splice into. Thanks.

DSC00093.jpg

Sorry about the quality, from a cell phone.
Booster line at the back of the intake. T off of it and run to the hood.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told to stay away from the brake vacuum lines though.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Fuel Reg line? There are plenty of vac lines to choose from...

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I was told to stay away from the brake vacuum lines though.
Just dont choke the inside diameter of the booster line down too far and youll be perfectly fine!! Fuel press reg line is way too small!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'll try that. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts