GMC Truck Forum banner

valence on 03 GMC

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Dark Eternal 
#1 ·
Any of ya'll bust up that front valence? And are there any aftermarket ones I can buy that aren't so flimsy? I only had the truck like a week and I busted it on the drivers side, then about 3 days later broke out the passenger side too. Then I broke it right across from left to right, there's a big split in it now.
Its not like I was doing anything crasy either, just driving in the snow. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they designed that valence, maybe they did it on a friday afternoon.

#3 ·
the z71 tahoe airdams are made out of thicker plastic than the stock ones i think, took alot more force of the utility knife to trim it. I dont know of aftermarket ones, typically they shouldn't fall off unless your wheeling, then you can just pop in the little plastic pieces, yeah i wanna know what the hell your doing in the snow heh

#9 ·
Where you driving in Arizona with snow? It's going to be tough trying to keep the lower valence from scrapping or hangin up on anything no matter which one you go with. Good luck! Must of been a bad month for all of us, because I just scrapped the bottom of mine on a steep entrance. Luckily, you can only tell when you get up close and look underneath. :insane:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.