GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a valve that keeps sticking open. I can be driving and hit a bump and all of the sudden it sticks open and 1 corner flies up in the air. Everytime i go to let the air out of the bag the tank pressure just drops. I'm running all 1/2" mac daddy's. What can I do about this. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are they new? I had this problem with my dumps. When I bagged the front I went ahead and mounted all the valves to the tank so less work later. I guess since those weren't being used, it managed to get some dirt on the diaphram. I took it apart and sure enough there it sit. Cleaned it up put it back on and works wonders.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me add that the plastic part of the valve (not sure what it would be called) that the wiring is hooked to is hot like its a stuck switch. I disconnected the power to my box and it started to cool off.

I'm running a generic 10 switch box.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they new? I had this problem with my dumps. When I bagged the front I went ahead and mounted all the valves to the tank so less work later. I guess since those weren't being used, it managed to get some dirt on the diaphram. I took it apart and sure enough there it sit. Cleaned it up put it back on and works wonders.
No all my valves are at least a year old. I installed them last february but bought them around Christmas of 05.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about that but i will have to order some in. I have had some problem with them that goes along with my sd.com stopped carring them.

·
Registered
596 Posts
check your wires on your switch to make sure they are not loose and connecting when you hit a bump

·
Registered
178 Posts
What can you do? Hate to say it but toss 'em & get parkers. next thing you know you'll hit a bump and it'll drop to the asphault instead of going up?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats my thought badhabit. These valves have been nothing but trouble for me. I think I'll start replacing them. What should I get parker or smc?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input. Im going to take this trouble maker apart this after noon and find out whats up. But I plan to order 4 this friday to replace the rear ones and I'll order 4 more in a few weeks for the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts