GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size are yall using for your dumps? i dont want my truck to slam to the ground fast but i dont want it to be slow ass hell...

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
.. that's hard to say. I have 3/8" all the way around and I think it falls pretty fast, well I can make it jolt on the ground if I want, or I can set it down easy. It dosen't scream going up, but on the bottle, I can change that. I wouldn't mind 1/2", but in reality, I like my 3/8" just fine.

You can always go bigger, and use mufflers to slow it down if it becomes a pain.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
1/2" fill 3/8" dump or use mufflers. I have 3/8 and want to slow my dumps down.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
1/2 inch all around for me. It just takes some time to get used to adjusting your truck. At first you will probably slam your truck on the ground everytime, but after a couple days/weeks, you'll be able to let it down slowly, even with bigger valves.

IMO 3/8 valves are way to slow. :read:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have 1/2" valves all the way around. If you don't want to have the truck go down as fast then just get some reducers. IMO all you'll need is 2 for the front valves because the rear end doesn't go down as fast. You can play with it. Lets say put a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer on it and see how ya like it like that, it's alot easier to control like that I think or you could get a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer if you want it to go down even slower. I don't have any reducers on mine and it's easy for me to control, but it did take getting some used to at 1st.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have 3/8" SMC and I'm really happy. Its pretty fast, yet controllable. I don't think I'd like 1/2" but I can't tell until I see someones truck with them. If i like them I might switch but right now I'm really happy with 3/8".

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I must be the only guy here with 1/4" hehe ... as Evan likes to point out if I start airing my truck out it will be down by tomorrow :bawl: .. works for me for now, maybe later I will go up to 3/8s and put the 1/4 on my '55 Truck.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah theres a guy around here with 1/4" valves and I've seen it go up and I've seen it go down...VERY VERY SLOW, but it was an older system and he only had one tank and a shitty compressor.
Look at it this way bcubed, you have a bad ass front setup IMO.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
yeah theres a guy around here with 1/4" valves and I've seen it go up and I've seen it go down...VERY VERY SLOW, but it was an older system and he only had one tank and a shitty compressor.
Look at it this way bcubed, you have a bad ass front setup IMO.
Thanks, I should have bit the bullet and got a bigger system to start with, but thats the way it goes ... so far for my needs it's been fine.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
01GMC said:
I bought some mufflers from work .. air driven equipment is on 90% of our process. I am going to give them a shot. I think they might silence them too .. we will see. If it works out, there about 3.50 a muffler.
Cool, let me know how they work out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
seen a truck the other day.....90mm valves....layin frame on 24"s............i thought my 1/2 inch ers were fast.........they made mine look like i was useing a floor jack..........sick.......

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah I have all 1/2 inch too, plus I got all 1/2 inch copper line which makes it even faster cuz it doesnt give like DOT line does...just takes a while to get used to, but I wouldnt like it to be any slower

1 - 17 of 17 Posts