GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Well last weekend My truck broke one of the stock valve springs. I know, I know, I shouldve replaced them in the beginning after installing my cam, but I didnt really think about it honestly. Evedentally my heads had the "light-duty" springs in them which is why i think it broke. My mechanic went ahead and replaced the one with another stock spring, but suggested I needed to get a whole new set ASAP. Anyways, What do you guys reccomend as far as springs? I checked what Comp suggested for my cam, but I have heard of people using lt1/lt4 springs with a mild cam like mine and they say they are fine. I am kinda wanting to know for sure if I can use these springs so I can probably get them from somewhere that has them in stock sooner than I can order them. This is my daily driver, so getting it fixed asap is a must. So is anyone here using those lt1/lt4 springs, or any others that will work with a mild cam and that are good up til say 6K(probably wont be turning it past 5500, but just to be safe). Anyways, Let me know. Thanks guys!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
What's the max lift on the LT4 springs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on the exact specs, but the lt1 stock cam had lifts of .447 intake, .459 exhaust and the lt4 cam was. 476 intake, .479 exhaust. The lt1's redline was 5800, and the lt4 was 6300rpm. So either would probably be fine for my application. Here are the pressures as well...."85 lbs. (38.6 kg.) Seated" for the lt1 and "100 lbs. (45.4 kg.) Seated -260 lbs. (117.9 kg.) open" for the lt4.

I got this info from this website....http://www.grandsportregistry.com/lt1vslt4.htm

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
LT4 seem a bit better, if they'll fit your heads run them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Any idea where I could look up and find the specs/sizes of these stock springs? Like to see the stock diameter. I cant seem to find a site that tells them individually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts