GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Personally, I think 3/8" is fine for dumps. I had to muffle my 1/2" valves for the dumps, but it's all personal preference. If you think you want a faster dump, then go with 1/2" all the way around. You can always muffle those later if you think they're too fast. I have SMC's on mine and never had problems. I've heard good things about parkers too.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
i use all 1/2" just gotta be gentile with the switch.

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
I have 1/2" all the way around on mine. I have installed in line reducers for the lift and reducers on the dumps. It was great at first, but after a while, I felt like it would be nicer to have a slower system. If I were to do it all over again, I would just do 3/8" from the get go.

Later
Chad

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
what about 3/8 for all, sorry to thread jack man. i am not lookin for anything super fast, just get it to clear speed bumps realitivly timely and what not.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
I have 1/2" all the way around on mine. I have installed in line reducers for the lift and reducers on the dumps. It was great at first, but after a while, I felt like it would be nicer to have a slower system. If I were to do it all over again, I would just do 3/8" from the get go.

Later
Chad
he said it perfectly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Later
Chad
So if I go with 3/8's, what size line should I be using? I have 3/8's right now.

1,932 Posts
I'm gonna get rid of my Air Ride Ride Pro set up, and get some new valves. I don't know if I should get 8 1/2" or 4, 1/2" and 4 3/8". What do you all use??:head:
Man I installed that Ride Pro setup on a kids s-10 and that thing is a PIECE OF SHIT :read: I did not like it one minute, just lots of little problems with the gauge reading, then those buttons really suck for daily driving IMO. Also if you use the setting were it will lift to ride height when you turn your key on. Good fucking luck, stupid thing will lift the truck up then dump it then lift it then dump it then lift it then dump it and after about 50 times it might settle down to ride height. I just do not like that and will not install that on anyones trucks every again.

as far as valves go im PRO-choice for valves! LOL get 1/2 all around dumps and fills, then odds are the dumps will be too fast for you. So if you want put reducers until you fine tune the speed. Also if the fill is to fast for you, you could get a lower PSI pressure switch. if you have a adjustable you could fine tune it to the lift speed you want. With 1/2 valve you have the choice to slow it down, with 3/8s you dont have the choice to make it faster :read: PRO-CHOICE!!!! :rocking: :anitoof:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I installed that Ride Pro setup on a kids s-10 and that thing is a PIECE OF SHIT :read: I did not like it one minute, just lots of little problems with the gauge reading, then those buttons really suck for daily driving IMO. Also if you use the setting were it will lift to ride height when you turn your key on. Good fucking luck, stupid thing will lift the truck up then dump it then lift it then dump it then lift it then dump it and after about 50 times it might settle down to ride height. I just do not like that and will not install that on anyones trucks every again.

:anitoof:

I am just using the manifold right now, I went to real gauges and switches a while ago and am much happier. Now I just want to switch out the manifold because I want it to be faster than it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts