GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started happening the past 2 days or so. First off I don't think it's the battery. It turns over fine and all but I have to crank it for 2-3 seconds before it will actually turn over. Usually it was just a .5-1 second. The started seems to be working fine and all it's just like it's taking awhile to actually start once it's cranking. I'm really at a loss I've never heard of somethin like this. Any ideas? It's a 2000 Silverado 5.3l

Edit: Did just find one thread about maybe being a fuel issue. The pump is maybe a year and half old. Filter hasn't been replaced in awhile though. Where is the FPR located on these trucks and what's a good way to check if it's that?

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Just started happening the past 2 days or so. First off I don't think it's the battery. It turns over fine and all but I have to crank it for 2-3 seconds before it will actually turn over. Usually it was just a .5-1 second. The started seems to be working fine and all it's just like it's taking awhile to actually start once it's cranking. I'm really at a loss I've never heard of somethin like this. Any ideas? It's a 2000 Silverado 5.3l

Edit: Did just find one thread about maybe being a fuel issue. The pump is maybe a year and half old. Filter hasn't been replaced in awhile though. Where is the FPR located on these trucks and what's a good way to check if it's that?
FPR should be in the fuse box under the hood. the easiest way to find out if its that is find a buddy with the same truck and use his lol

change the filter, that normally helps, otherwise im going to say its prolly the fuel pump

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FPR should be in the fuse box under the hood. the easiest way to find out if its that is find a buddy with the same truck and use his lol

change the filter, that normally helps, otherwise im going to say its prolly the fuel pump
Sorry by fpr i meant fuel pressure regulator, but through some google searching found some pics and a write-up on how to check and replace this. Figured i'd check here before i searched elsewhere but shoulda done it reverse style.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Sorry by fpr i meant fuel pressure regulator, but through some google searching found some pics and a write-up on how to check and replace this. Figured i'd check here before i searched elsewhere but shoulda done it reverse style.
Where in this fine state that we call home do you live

1 - 5 of 5 Posts