GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do this type of lift, using stock 16-17" wheels? I dont really want to have to buy new wheels since I am on such a tight budget. Any assistance is appreciated. Also, no welding if at all possible.

Thanks all.

Ryan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sevenfold said:
Your options are pretty limited. You could get a 3" bodylift, but you'd still be higher in the rear. You could get some 3" or 4" spindles, but you would need new wheels.
Dont really want the body lift.

There are no spindles out there that can be used with stock wheels? What about the stock 17"wheels that are on Avalanche? Will those clear a 3-4" Spindle?

Oh yeah, nice truck by the way.

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
i think its not the size of the wheels that wont work w/ the spindles, its the backspacing.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
4 inch lift spindles will run you about 400, set of 285/75 tires on 16x8 rims will cost about 900. then factor in the install cost if you cant do it, another 60 for alignment, 50 for a 1 inch rear block, then might as well do shocks(dont have to but should), another 250 for good ones

lifting gets expensive. the MOST important thing is to do it RIGHT from the beginning.

i suggest, save your money up for a while till you have enough for everything, although you didnt mention your budget.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whifflebat said:
:word: :word: And people wonder why mine is still stock...

Thanks again for the replies all. I appreciate the information. I guess I will have to wait a while before I do anything major.

Again, thanks for the replies.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i have seen people use the fabtech 3" spindle and 285s on the stock wheels. it looks like a Z71 with cranked TBs.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Coil spacers work well too, if you only want to level out your truck. I installed the 1.5" Daystar spacers and some 31" BFG A/Ts on my 1996 C1500 this summer. It really makes it look beefy and the ride is still feels as good as stock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Josh said:
i have seen people use the fabtech 3" spindle and 285s on the stock wheels. it looks like a Z71 with cranked TBs.

I thought that might work with Avalanche 17's or something similar. I guess I will wait til I can afford it all in one shopping spree. Thanks for the info. Nice truck by the way. Looks really sharp.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Ryan04Silverado said:
I thought that might work with Avalanche 17's or something similar. I guess I will wait til I can afford it all in one shopping spree. Thanks for the info. Nice truck by the way. Looks really sharp.
thanks. i was also talking about the stock 16"s BTW. not the 17" avy wheels. i have a guy here that is a good friend that owns a shop. he does that entire kit with 3" spindle, 1" rear block and full set of 285s for 1100 installed on stock 16" rims.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Josh said:
thanks. i was also talking about the stock 16"s BTW. not the 17" avy wheels. i have a guy here that is a good friend that owns a shop. he does that entire kit with 3" spindle, 1" rear block and full set of 285s for 1100 installed on stock 16" rims.
Really?? Damn, if I lived in TX I would be all over that. Ill shoot you a PM.

Thanks

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
maybe im wrong about NBS but with my OBS 2wd i put on fabtech UCA's and new fabtech springs that lifted it 3" in the front. I don't see why you couln't do the same thing with the NBS truck. That way you wouldn't have to worry about your wheels since its the stock spindle

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I installed the 1.5" daystar spacers on a 2004 and it look good with his stockers, he's getting some Mud Terrains pretty soon. :D

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
ive been saving up for 2 years and all i have to show for it is front supension... stock rear owns joo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts