GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:head2: Looks good :bowtie:

I've been looking into going a little lower than I am now...what brand of parts did you use and are you happy with the ride quaility, etc. etc.?

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
Looks good man! :head:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bcubed said:
Looks good, is the ride any better now? Did it settle in? or have you gotten some new shocks yet?
After I got the torsion bars adjusted and drove it a while for the leafs to rotate properly (I should have waited to tighten those bolts until they were loaded) it is riding great! I feel no difference from before which is exactly what I was hoping for. I have hit the bump stops a couple of times but it has to be a very radical dip to happen.

I will probably install a SlamAir kit from Air Lift so I can still carry a load and/or tow.

HumanZoom said:
I've been looking into going a little lower than I am now...what brand of parts did you use and are you happy with the ride quaility, etc. etc.?
I first bought a kit from DJM but had to return it because the lower control arms were not designed to work with my torsion bar front suspension so I got a kit from McGaughy's that used dropped front spindles instead of LCA's. I am very, very pleased with the kit, price & ride. McGaughy's is great to work with, excellant service and the fit & finish of the parts was superb. Installing spindles was easier than replacing LCA's, IMO. Whichever way you go, re-alignment is essential.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
I will probably install a SlamAir kit from Air Lift so I can still carry a load and/or tow.
Great idea. I running a set on my 6" drop, with no problems at all. For the ride you wouldn't even notice a harsh ride.
Summit Racing carries them at a resonable price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1buda said:
Great idea. I running a set on my 6" drop, with no problems at all. For the ride you wouldn't even notice a harsh ride.
Summit Racing carries them at a resonable price.
Great to get that feedback! I asked somewhere else for someone using them but hadn't heard anything. Which kit did you go with? I think the automatic front to back & side to side leveling is a little overkill for me. I was leaning toward the unit that has controls in the cab though as opposed to totally basic system.

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
The truck looks sweet Blown! I just order my 2/4 deluxe McGaughy's kit today. I don't know when I can get it on my truck but hopefully soon.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
Great to get that feedback! I asked somewhere else for someone using them but hadn't heard anything. Which kit did you go with? I think the automatic front to back & side to side leveling is a little overkill for me. I was leaning toward the unit that has controls in the cab though as opposed to totally basic system.
This is what I'm running with my 6" drop.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=AIR-59103&view=2047

1 - 13 of 13 Posts