GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into putting a vette servo in my truck. I found oregon transmissons on ebay. Whats the benifit of the longer pin? And is it worth it to buy the billet servo?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You don't need the longer pin, just servo. I have heard mixed reviews on the billet servos (1-2 servo). Some say they're great some say they're way to harsh.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it ordered and it said its already shipped. Is there anything else I should do to the tranny? Im takin it in to the shop so they can make sure its everything is ok. I dont think its ever had the fluids changed. Its got 80,000 on her. So I want to make sure all the clutches and shit are in good shape. A little preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Got it ordered and it said its already shipped. Is there anything else I should do to the tranny? Im takin it in to the shop so they can make sure its everything is ok. I dont think its ever had the fluids changed. Its got 80,000 on her. So I want to make sure all the clutches and shit are in good shape. A little preventative maintenance.
i'm sure your tranny is fine with 80K on it. you're goin to loose some ATF anyways when they pull the servo out so they'll have to refill with new ATF :imo

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm sure your tranny is fine with 80K on it. you're goin to loose some ATF anyways when they pull the servo out so they'll have to refill with new ATF :imo
Yeah I figured that. But I figured Ill throw a new filter in it and change the fluid while im workin on it.

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
What exactly is the point of adding the Corvette Servo? Sorry guys, I'm new.. :Boo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts