GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Silverado VHO
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 2005 ECSB 2WD to the shop the other day. I just bought it during the summer, and honestly haven't done much with the truck other than drive it back and forth to work. I knew when I purchased it that it was going to need an alignment and shocks, so when I scored a set of 20" wheels and tires from a late model Denali I went straight to the shop to have this work done. My buddy who owns the shop called me and said you need to come back here and see this. I was shocked to see that this 2WD was set up like a 4WD, never knew they did that. Then they tried to align it and found it needs a pitman arm and tie rod end. I have to tools and ability to do that work so I told them I would handle it and bring it back later for an alignment. When I got home I started doing some research, gotta figure out what parts to order to make these repairs. That is where I discovered I have a Silverado VHO. I had never heard of such a truck, I knew it was different, but the old timer i bought it from said he got it brand new from a dealer who had ordered it for someone who never picked it up. He still had all the papers and window stickers from when it was new, and I remember reading vortec high output package, but it never occurred to me that it was something so rare. So now that ive rambled on telling this story, does anyone know where I might find a list of parts and numbers for steering and suspension components specific to these trucks. I would hate to order these parts from rock auto only to get this thing torn down and realize something I have wont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Some dude on the internet
694 Posts
gmpartsdirect.com and put in your VIN. You shouldn't have an issue getting the right parts because the coil sprung trucks had steering racks instead of box/linkage.

Also got any pics? I loved those VHO trucks.

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
374 Posts
Welcome.

They're unicorns in my part of the world. I'd love to see some pics too

·
Registered
2005 Silverado VHO
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gmpartsdirect.com and put in your VIN. You shouldn't have an issue getting the right parts because the coil sprung trucks had steering racks instead of box/linkage.

Thanks

Yea, im going to clean her up good this weekend, and will snap some new pics now that it has the denalis on it

·
Registered
2005 Silverado VHO
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome.

They're unicorns in my part of the world. I'd love to see some pics too

So the weather has not yet allowed me to get those pics, but I did find one in my phone
FB_IMG_1613616302785.jpg
with the original wheels

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Iv seen them many of times. Always chalked it up to left over parts. Didn’t know it had a RPO code.

But best of luck. You have the worst steering, suspension, and driveshaft ever made. All just to have a 2wd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts