GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a little bit of what feels like driveline vibration after I did my 2/4 drop - whats the best/easiest way to fix this? figuring this is cause for a carrier bearing or pinion shims - but which? thanks guys

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Sounds like you need a shim....no need for a carrier spacer for a 4" drop and you only need that for excab trucks....dunno what you have!?

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I'd try a shim first....for a 4" rear drop a spacer isn't needed in most cases. They are needed for a 6" rear drop. If a shim doesn't do it than the spacer will do it.

Cameron

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stupid questions but how hard and where do shims and/or the carrier bearing spacer install>?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Shims install between the leaf pack and the axle saddles. The shim alters pinion angle by adjusting the differential position.

The carrier spacers install on a crossmember where the joint in the 2 piece driveshaft is. The carrier spacer alters pinion by raising the driveshaft and the joint. These only can be used on trucks with 2 piece driveshafts.

Both are easy installs for anyone who's done any suspension work.....the spacer is just a few bolts. The shims are a little more work but still easy.

Cameron

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think I may just order the DJM carrier bearing kit and get it over with - dont even both with the shims - hopefully I'll be able to figure it out and get it fixed - did the 2/4 by myself so I hope I can figure it out

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If ya did the 2/4 alone this is a total walk in the park :D

Cameron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts