GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a belltech 2" drop (shackle)on my 04 denali also the 2* wedge with the large end toward the front. i now have a low speed shudder! any help? did i need the wedge? is it in backwards?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'm not forsure what do ya mean wedge?

The only way I'd think you should experience any shudder is that the bolts weren't tight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was told that an extended cab needed a 2* shim between the spring and the axle.( the shim is an aluminum wedge to drop the pinion

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you put a wedge on your truck the big end should be pointed towards the tailgate so that it pushes the pinion back towards the correct angle.
but on a side not i picked up a little shudder from my drop shackles on my standard cab and was wondering if anyone else has the same problem

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I would pull the shims...you should not need them on a 2" drop. I've never installed a shim on a 2" drop....never had to.

Cameron

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
I had to use 4* shims on my 0/2 drop...and then the shudder still was not completely gone, but according to a local spring shop my pinion angle was perfect with the shims.

Pat

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
I had to use 4* shims on my 0/2 drop...and then the shudder still was not completely gone, but according to a local spring shop my pinion angle was perfect with the shims.

Pat
Yikes....I know every truck is gonna be a bit different. 4 degrees is a lot for a 2"...

Cameron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts