GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this awhile ago with no luck but maybe someone will know now. When I turn my A/C or heater on, it starts to vibrate really bad after i put it on the 2+ setting. It happened after i framed pretty damn hard on a whoop in pismo so I'm thinking something got jared loose. I haven't taken a look because i really don't know wtf i would be looking for besides something really obvious like something bent.
Any help?

·
Registered
703 Posts
lol, speaking of dash diving. i woke up and went out in the shop this morning and low and behold....my dad was bent down with his head up under the dash tearin stuff apart, he had a very similar problem with his OBS but it was related to the recirculation setting only

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
We get a shake like this in our 03' Tahoe and the dealer said its 'normal' WTF!

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Yea I know its not normal cause my Grandpa's 04' Silverado doesnt have it and neither does my 01' Silverado or friends trucks for that matter.......it was just a lame excuse for the dealer to say that!

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
just out of curiosity, ......what is the 2+ setting? and what starts to vibrate really bad. i'll try to help but i am misunderstanding

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
this happens to my friends brand new trailblazer
his is EXTREMELY bad
its still under warrenty so its going there tomorrow, ill let you know what the dealer says about it

·
Registered
703 Posts
Big D said:
just out of curiosity, ......what is the 2+ setting? and what starts to vibrate really bad. i'll try to help but i am misunderstanding
He's sayin if he sets it on the number 2 setting or higher, his truck even does it on 1 its just quiet, the vibration is directly related...the higher the setting, the faster and more loud the vibration is

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Yea, I can feel the vibe thru the floor n crap its annoying! Dont really notice it anymore but its still goin in!

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
alright guys
as i stated before this happens in a friends brand new trailblazer
took it to the dealer today and what they found when they pulled it all apart was that some rodent go up inside there and built a nest and that was causing the vibration as well as the smell
the dealer said that it was a good think he brought it in cause if you run the motor with it like that it can blow the motor, his was fine but for those of you that have this go dash diving soon
also it is obvisouly not covered under warrenty
so if you park your truck outside you probably have the same problem
good luck and let us know what you find out

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well since it happened when I hit on sand...maybe some sand got up there? :crazy:

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
No way could that be it...something is broke/bent/cracked/....fucked
well my friends trailblazer works fine now after they cleaned the shit out

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
from what has been said it sounds exactly the same as his trailblazer

it vibrated so much the dash felt like it was going to fall apart and the floor vibrated so much you could feel it through the seat
am i correct?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
It vibrates quite a bit but its almost like something is loose, this all happened when he slammed his truck really hard, so i doubt theres a rat in his box
Just sounds like his blower motor/fan are screwed or come loose ... if you turn the key on but not crank the truck, and turn the fan on and it does it theres nothing else it could be .. need to tear into it and see what is wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts