GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Funny. Im have the exact same issue!! I even bought new tires. Same thing! So I will be trying new u joints.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funny. Im have the exact same issue!! I even bought new tires. Same thing! So I will be trying new u joints.
U-joints is good guess. They are cheap, so why not? Just be careful when putting them in..... and don't damage or bang the driveshaft.

Other potential culprits are:
1) tire/rim - bent/balance/worn
2) bent axle
3) pinion angle

Pinion angle on stock vehicle is rare cause of vibration UNLESS you have changed the suspension around. In that case, the pinion angle would 100% be the very first thing to check.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I put new u joints in and I still have the same shake!! My tires are only a year old. I’m going to try more tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Or you can adjuat the pinion amgle because thats what i think it is

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,426 Posts
Pinion angle on stock vehicle is rare cause of vibration UNLESS you have changed the suspension around. In that case, the pinion angle would 100% be the very first thing to check.
well considering this is a thread about vibration after altering the suspension, id assume he doesnt have stock suspension.

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,426 Posts
Well I put new u joints in and I still have the same shake!! My tires are only a year old. I’m going to try more tires.

well when that doesnt work, come back so you can ignore more good advice

·
Administrator
3,486 Posts

you just bought new tires. why not try the other advice given??? ***cough cough*** pinion angle ***cough cough***......or just keep buying tires expecting a different result :shrug:

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,426 Posts
you just bought new tires. why not try the other advice given??? ***cough cough*** pinion angle ***cough cough***......or just keep buying tires expecting a different result :shrug:
Because theres a 2% chance that his year old tires are the problem, duhh.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Ive said this twice already. Its the first thing you check. $1000 tires or $20 pinion shims :slap:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Guessi should have said that they corrected the pinion angle as well. So no driveshaft of pinion issues.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Guessi should have said that they corrected the pinion angle as well. So no driveshaft of pinion issues.

Check in yourself

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Check in yourself

this...they might have adjusted it, doesn't mean they fixed it. :)

I went to a driveline shop and asked how they measured driveline angles...."just looking at it" um, no thx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guessi should have said that they corrected the pinion angle as well. So no driveshaft of pinion issues. ....
So, if pinion angles and u-joints are fixed, then I would focus on tires, wheels, bearings, axles. Could be simple as tires out of balance, or maybe bent wheel, or even a bent axle, or a worn wheel bearing.

I would jack up each corner with floor jack, then rotate tire by hand and watch carefully for anything that might be out-of-round. Also try wiggling tire by hand horizontally and vertically to check wheel bearings/hubs.

If all looks good, then try tire balancing.

This isn't rocket science. Usually these issues are resolved rather easily. The trick is to focus on one thing at a time and make sure it's perfect. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All good man. Putting a belltech trans spacer on tomorrow. Will report back. Gmpartsdirect.com for oem parts. Google for a part number
did this fix your issue? Also when installing the trans shims do you just put them in the cross member and bolt it up? Or did you loosen engine mounts and then tighten everything back up?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts