GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Sierra CLASSIC 2500hd.

Trying to get the hood zone set up properly. I currently installed a hood-pin switch for now.

I got a ball-bearing tilt switch (like a mercury tilt switch) to use in place of the hood pin switch for better reliability. That's not the case.

It's simple to wire up....The Grey wire off the alarm brain is for the hood trigger, one wire goes to this, the other wire you simply ground.

No matter how I wire this thing it will NOT work or trigger the alarm. I can however use the hood-pin with no problems at all.

Are all these ball-bearing tilt switches this unreliable? The switch is made by DEI.

Thanks for any help
Alex

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
they have had alot of issues with them, but they had to quit using the mercury ones. If I get a chance, I'll post up where I did mine and I do everyone that comes in the shop. If you look at the back drivers side of the engine comp. right next to the spring for the hood, you'll see a piece of black metal thats 2 layers thick. Do the pinswitch right there, adjust and your all set. Its not upfront where a theif could get at it and it out the way for battery and engine work so you wont break the plastic off

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they have had alot of issues with them, but they had to quit using the mercury ones. If I get a chance, I'll post up where I did mine and I do everyone that comes in the shop. If you look at the back drivers side of the engine comp. right next to the spring for the hood, you'll see a piece of black metal thats 2 layers thick. Do the pinswitch right there, adjust and your all set. Its not upfront where a theif could get at it and it out the way for battery and engine work so you wont break the plastic off

I did the pin switch on the cowel next to the hinge where the metal is thick. I coated the hell out of the pin switch with grease, and white lithium spray grease to lube the actual pin. It's greased like a MF so hopefully it won't rust. I bought two spare ones just in case.

I'm still trying to figure out the horn.

The 04: Arm the system (viper 550) and the horn/siren would chirp. Full trigger alarm and only the siren would sound.

The 07: Arm the system, alarm only chirp. Full trigger: only the siren. Drivers door open & trigger the alarm: Horn honk and siren sound.

I would like to get the horn to honk AND siren to blast on a full trigger alarm. If it goes off, I want it to be known. The neighborhood has had a lot of breakin's lately.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

·
9,823 Posts
theres a orange/black wire if I remember right that is the horn honk output, its on the backside of the alarm away from everything else on its own 2-pin harness

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right.

The reason why I didn't see it because the damn harness was not included with the alarm.

Now I have to play hell trying to find that harness.....

·
9,823 Posts
I have a few of them, but you need to make sure you have that 2 pin plug-in on the back side and make sure that the book lists you as having it also

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm positive I have it. There's nothing plugged into it. I looked at the module tonight and verified.

My understanding from a few local shops the old 791 didn't have the extra port.....

·
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
any pics of this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts