GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need an alarm with remote start for my crew cab and was looking into the Viper5900 with the alarm and bypass moduals they are giving me a price of $700.00+tax these quotes are from shops that do nothing but install car alarms so I was thinking thats a plus. To save a little cash I was thinking about doing the install myself I have read through the install instructions and the interior of my truck is already gutted (doing speaker and amp installs).
Anyone here installed this alarm or one with the same features that might be able to give me some advise on doing it myself and also on componet placement for best operation? Or should I just pay the $400.00 (or buy a roll pan and hidden hitch:D ) in labor and get it overwith? Thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well its pretty easy to screw up, but in the same vane I can do one with the bypass, interior siren, and back-up battery in like 90-120 minutes. I guess I need to take pics and make a big post on this next time I do one

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldnt mess with it, personally. Usually, I am not afraid to mess with anything, from head units to amps to lighting to computers, but I wont mess with alarms. There are way too many things that can be wrecked with an improperly installed alarm. I had a MECP certified installer catch an alarm on fire (or at least smoke) in my old Grand Prix.
Just my opinion.
Jason

·
Registered
445 Posts
way too many wires and way too many things can messed up doing it. i watched the guy do my viper and i said thank goodness i paid them to do it. haha

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I guess...I'll lay down the cash...Just have to sell some more of my exgirlfriends stuff to buy a rollpan...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts