GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just ordered a set of all stainless and handmade headers with a high performance catted Y from American Racing Headers last night. They are 1 3/4 primaries and it will bolt right up to the factory cat back. What I am planning on doing... is installing those and then cutting the factory muffler and resonator thing off completely... but I will leave the factory pipe with the ball joint connection so it fits correctly. Then I will weld in a Magnaflow XL 3 Chamber Stainless 3" in and 2.5" dual exit muffle on there. So now all I need is tail pipes and tips. What do I do? Is there any company that makes stainless tail pipes for our trucks that I can buy? Or juts regular aluminized steel pipes that are pre made to fit? Also, what kind of tips should I run? I know that I want to turn them behind the rear tires, but should I have a dual tip on each side... kind of like the corsas or should I just get single on each side? Opinions wanted! Any pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Dumped or run two tips out the passenger side like corsa or somthin but I would just dump it sheaper and looks better imo

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I already bought that big magnaflow... and I like the look of tips, and I want the sound out the back... Im tryin to keep it as quiet as possible... if you had to do it behind the tires... do you like split duals or singles on both sides?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
3" duals huh

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but you mentioned the resonator thing on your NNBS and I was wondering if thats what the thing was. Its a little behind my cats and I have thought about cutting mine off but I wasnt sure if it was a good idea. How much sound difference does it make when you cut it off? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to thread jack but you mentioned the resonator thing on your NNBS and I was wondering if thats what the thing was. Its a little behind my cats and I have thought about cutting mine off but I wasnt sure if it was a good idea. How much sound difference does it make when you cut it off? Just wondering.
no no, im not talking about that thing... that is just there for flex in the exhaust system... so things arent too tight and then you get a crack in a weld or something like that. Im talking about that thing thats behind the big muffler... its another sound reducer thing I think... I just called it a resonator...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts