GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually runs just a little shy of 14volts on the gauge. I noticed yesterday it was reading 3 lines below 14. I check the voltage across the battery when I got home and it was 13.88, what is usually ran. Engine off the batt read 12.5 volts.

What can I do to fix it?

·
1,847 Posts
With that kind of attitude nobody will help you. You also have to give it a little time. Not everybody knows the answer to every question. Most people don't help new guys either. With that said, why the hell does it matter if it reads a little "shy of what it normally is"? Maybe your battery is getting older and is putting out less power :shrug:
IDK search around

·
Registered
12 Posts
He said it normally reads a little shy. Next sentence he said it was three lines below the 14. Okay, maybe he is a little impatient. But don't jump on him before totally reading his post. Just sayin'.

Mike, you might try just tightening the cables at the battery. Or the cables themselves might need to be replaced. I'd start there. And give everybody time to read your post before gettin' to upset.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand, its just frustrating when your daily driver starts getting flakey.

I had the auto store hook up their tester to the truck, the one that checks everthing starting/charging related. Everything came back fine.

I dunno, the gauge has been fluctuating alot lately. Maybe something in the alternator is intermittently failing.

·
Disco Lives
101 Posts
I'm also working this issue on mine. If/when I find anything, I'll post up for you. My system voltage is running 14 VDC, but the gauge doesn't read but 10-12. I've already moved the gauge around in the cluster for another one, and I'm currently running down grounds for the cluster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts