GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current 95 350 TBI is wearin out and I want something to really wake the motor up. So i'm looking at possibly putting vortec heads/intake on. I need to know what all parts I will need to buy/change in order to do this swap correctly and if I need to machine anything and what not. I do know that I will need to buy the matching intake with these heads but don't know what else this will actually take for her to run? Will I need a new cam? valve springs, valve covers, gaskets???? Just trying to get a ballpark price on all these parts and a better understanding of the labor involved.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
that is what i did just get the TBI vortec heads

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
michael, how much HP you pushin now? and about how much did all of it cost you?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
michael, how much HP you pushin now? and about how much did all of it cost you?
just a guess about 330HP when i took it to the track i ran a 14.2 @ 102 and the truck is about 4,000LBS that is about 331HP

just get the GM 330HO creat motor its like $2,000 all you need is the manifold and that is it every thing is reusable and can be switched over

also talk to black350HO he has done the same thing to i thing

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,651 Posts
just a guess about 330HP when i took it to the track i ran a 14.2 @ 102 and the truck is about 4,000LBS that is about 331HP

just get the GM 330HO creat motor its like $2,000 all you need is the manifold and that is it every thing is reusable and can be switched over

also talk to black350HO he has done the same thing to i thing
Mines a GM performance 350HO crate motor, So its almost the same. And Lethayoyo is dead on with his numbers, My motor is 330Hp out of the box and i run mid 13s with my supercharger, I dip 12s with nitous but its not something i should be doing.....:insane:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts