GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how far in from the door jam the VortecMAx emblem is on their NNBS truck, I want it to look as close to the oem placement on the door from the jam and molding distance, so any measurements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
please tell me this is going on a truck with a 6.0 or 6.2?

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
because that package designation was only for 6.0 trucks.

it's bragging rights for a motor and drivetrain you don't have. it's basically like putting Z/28 or SS on a V6 Camaro, or GT or Cobra on a V6 mustang. it's sacrilegious and something you just don't do lol (but seriously, don't do it).

if you have a 6.0 by all means throw it on, I have a few old pics I think of my old vmax that shows pretty well where the emblem was.

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because that package designation was only for 6.0 trucks.

it's bragging rights for a motor and drivetrain you don't have. it's basically like putting Z/28 or SS on a V6 Camaro, or GT or Cobra on a V6 mustang. it's sacrilegious and something you just don't do lol (but seriously, don't do it).

if you have a 6.0 by all means throw it on, I have a few old pics I think of my old vmax that shows pretty well where the emblem was.
Yea and I get that, but I really dig the look of the emblem haha guess maybe ill just get the little one like 3/4 tons ones had on the hood for the doors that just says "vortec"

·
professional grade
4,147 Posts
Put it on if you like it, that's what I did. Most people don't even pay attention to those details anyways. People thought my truck was a duramax when they seen the "max" on the side.lol

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Yea and I get that, but I really dig the look of the emblem haha guess maybe ill just get the little one like 3/4 tons ones had on the hood for the doors that just says "vortec"

The "vortec" one is a much better idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
If you like it do it, but I would opt for the "Vortec" one.

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just tired of these big blank doors, need a little attention grabber lol.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Needs 2500HD badges and Allison trans badges and Vortec Max badges and Cheyenne badges and...............

AYFKM

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hm, maybe ill reconsider with no badges...I saw one the other day demolded with just max badge and it just looked sharp, that's all.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. I like the look of the badges. My buddy put some on his 5.3 but he also had some engine mods

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't see anything wrong with it. I like the look of the badges. My buddy put some on his 5.3 but he also had some engine mods
thanks, yea idk I may buy some and hold them up and see what I think, Idk whether to get them black inlay or red since I still have the z71 decals on the bed and they are red....

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Love that truck! and yes like that...I think it resides in PA now but the BMF's are long gone.
when I sold it to the dealer someone from the AC area bought it, so who knows. and just for reference it was an actual vortec max truck lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts