GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone I was wondering if anyone had any gas mileage #'s off of the new 07 Vortec Max trucks with the 267 HP 6.0L. Gm is saying 19 MPG, but I find that hard to believe. Anyone had any experience with these yet?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I dunno about the 07's but mine gets anywhere from 13-14.5 in town and a best of 16.5 highway that was with 285's I have since went back down to 265's but I havent checked it lately.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That was going 65 at night.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
slow down to about 65 on the highway and you'll get a lot better mileage. i can get 16-17 with my HD
:word: and a tune do the 07's have DOD

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
regearing cost so much money though
quit bitching. you have a brand new 40K$ truck and dropped another what, 3K$ plus into lift and tires and wheels? another 1000$ to make the truck much more friendly to drive is a fucking drop in the bucket and WELL worth it. you have to pay to play :read: :read:

·
Registered
912 Posts
My future father-in-law has one and he gets around 18 highway. He is an electrician and works out of his truck so he has a lot of weight in tools he carries all the time. He would easily get 19 like GM states if he took the tools out.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
quit bitching. you have a brand new 40K$ truck and dropped another what, 3K$ plus into lift and tires and wheels? another 1000$ to make the truck much more friendly to drive is a fucking drop in the bucket and WELL worth it. you have to pay to play :read: :read:
I agree, gears get you performance, less strain on engine/tranny, better mpg.

What more can you ask for. Gears shouldve been my #1 mod in my stang

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
His wheels are stock but :word:

·
Vortec Max Owner
21 Posts
I have a 2007 NBS Vortec Max with 1058 miles and my average gas mileage is 11.3 mpg.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts