GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody explain to me why the 350 vortec motor makes that weird sound when floored?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
its going tyo reach critical mass and explode in a mushroom cloud of fire. :anitoof:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's like an exhaust sound. It's common on every 350 vortech ive heard. It seems like a muffler that is very free flowing makes more of it.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C'mon dipshits...you kno what I'm talking about if you have heard a 350 :bowtie:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
zubyc said:
C'mon dipshits...you kno what I'm talking about if you have heard a 350 :bowtie:
you're retarded :read:

what vortec 350 "sound" are you talking about. imo they sound almost the same as a tbi motor

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I guess its just that exhaust sound :) Mine makes lots of noise too when I floor it, and its almost ALL exhaust noise :head: :head:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Until you can describe the sound that you're talking about, I don't know how you expect us to tell you what it is. I have heard hundred's of vortec 350's, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shit...i knew this might happen but I thought you guys could catch it since it is common or atleast around here it is.

Well i can try and record a sound clip for you guys

·
Registered
703 Posts
hi im new to this forum, i had zubyc ask this question for me...im actually pretty sure this is a factory sound, even from a 350 vortec with complete stock exhaust i can notice a bit of an unwanted sound which seems to stick out a bunch more with a flowmaster or any other aftermarket muffler. i realize it is exhaust noise but ive heard somewhere that the heads of a 350 vortec cause this sound. i guess im mainly asking cuz ive heard it from just about every 5.7l vortec ive heard and ive just never known what it was or if there was something to eliminate it. i would just like to have the cleaner sound of the tbi with the higher rpm of my vortec

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Sound clip would help, I've driven a vortec with an aftermarket muffler, didnt make the rattling noise you described :anitoof:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
its the muffler bearing....

but anyway, i was gonna say the only reason a vortec would sound different is because of the heads as well.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts