·
Registered
707 Posts
Check the flex capacitor

·
Registered
703 Posts
91_bowtie said:
The vortec has a MUCH cleaner sound that the TBI. I still have no idea what "sound" you are referring to.
I'd agree that the 99+ silverados have a cleaner sound than the tbi. I'm just finding it hard to agree on the fact that a 350 vortec from 96-98 sounds cleaner than the previous tbi motors

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, the Gen II vortecs do sound really clean compared to TBI...i know that for a fact...I haven't had the chance to really analyze the first gen vortecs to compare them to my TBI...i just know they are quicker...

·
Registered
85 Posts
The vortec350's sound much better and cleaner than the tbi in my opinion.There is a problem if you cant tell the difference between the two by listening to them.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i realize the vortec 350 is a different sound than the tbi's but from about 4k rpm and up there is a dirty sound in the exhaust of my vortec 350. And just recently i swapped out the dual inlet flowmaster 40 series dual chamber and put in a single inlet single chamber and the noise is even greater.

sorry about not being able to describe the sound but i think the closest way for a human to recreate the sound is as if you vibrated your tongue fast kinda like if you would roll your R's in spanish. Its definatly not the sound of smooth flowing exhaust and ive heard this sound from every vortec 350 i've came across, it just depends on how noticable it is which seems to be determined on how free-flowing their exhaust is.

so far im going with the idea that its in the head design so im wondering if i baught some aluminum vortec heads or something compatable if it would get rid of this sound

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I may know what you mean. Just rebuilt my 2000 Escalade engine and after it warms up I get a exhaust type noise with a garbling sound. I only get this on acceleration and only after it is at temp. It is not an exhaust leak...I have not set the dist (cam duration) yet. Going to do that next. Will update after.

·
pootin' soot
3,510 Posts
new members must have a game where they try to find the most useless and oldest thread ever.

funny thing is some 1 year old member will come in here and respond without reading either.

·
ya gotta pay to play
7,583 Posts
sweet fucking dig of useless info..YOLO

21 - 35 of 35 Posts