GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be upgrading to a alarm with remote start, so I wanna know if any interest is For 1999-2002 Silverado/Sierra not sure about other models.
Model VSL 4200, high level security system
Includes:
Interface harness
6 tone, 120 Decibel horn
18 Quadrillion possible codes
100Ft plus operating range (OEM)
Code Hopping technology
Feature programmable
dual stage Shock sensor
Trunk/Fuel release
Auxiliary output
Auxiliary Button
LED indicator for dashboard
Silent or Audible lock/unlock
Dome light supervision
Programmable
GM styled remote with:
Panic button
Parking light flash button
Horn output Auxiliary button
GM # 12496384, Comes with 16 page instructions. Plug n play pretty much!
Asking $150 shipped, retails for $300+ Top of the line alarm......Thanx!

·
Banned
228 Posts
This is the easiest installs for a top notch alarm. It plugs right into your BCM with no wire splicing. Works with your factory keyless entry. The only wire you have to hook up is the siren. One brown wire. Easy! I had this same model alarm on my 2001 Silverado and I hooked up a prox sensor to it and it was awesome!

:rocking: :rocking:

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mforsland said:
This is the easiest installs for a top notch alarm. It plugs right into your BCM with no wire splicing. Works with your factory keyless entry. The only wire you have to hook up is the siren. One brown wire. Easy! I had this same model alarm on my 2001 Silverado and I hooked up a prox sensor to it and it was awesome!

:rocking: :rocking:
Yup, your the reason I got this :drool: after I saw it on ur 2k1 :rocking: It is a very nice alarm, and the adjustable 2 stage shock sensor works awesome, I also have a piezo siren wired up to it (which I will keep) and its LOUD :insane:

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, only reason Im possibly selling is so I can get remote start> It prob could be wired up to this one, but also want a pager alarm. 2Ksub, let me know if you are seriously interested when u decide :shake: Thanx!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do u kno if this will work on a 04 silverado? Also does it have the bybass that u need to hook alarms up. also one more question I don't have power locks now but if i buy that door lock motors can i hook it up to that?
Thanks

·
Banned
228 Posts
Etnies1212 said:
Do u kno if this will work on a 04 silverado? Also does it have the bybass that u need to hook alarms up. also one more question I don't have power locks now but if i buy that door lock motors can i hook it up to that?
Thanks
This will not work with 03 and newer trucks. Only 99-02. Plug and play on those.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Thanks Matt, for some reason I didnt get a e-mail notification :think:

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx Matt, probably the 00-02 Tahoes and such.....new ones prob. have the same harness as the new trucks :bowtie:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts