GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two 10 inch kicker l7s and they slam but would w7s be a lot louder like people say or is it not worth the money? if you have w7s under your seat i would like to see some pics.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
w7's get pretty loud but so do the L7's...i would say the only gain you will be getting by switching to w7's would be better sound quality

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
also have fun putting them under your seat...
werd, if you either lose your backseat or do a blowthrough you could get the airspace you need for those subs to fuction at there peak, but its not worth it:imo

its all about the box though:read:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Those will not fit under a back seat, if you do sucessfully build a box to fit, they will most likle sound like shit. I have 2 12w7's in my yukon and the box is fuckin huge!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
how do you all think 4 LS8 kickers with a alpine 1000W amp would sound behind my back seat on my 06 CCB

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I've heard 12 and 13 w7's in ported and sealed boxes. The only ones that sounded good were there ones in sealed boxes but I'm sure that's because the ported ones were off ebay.

I do think that both subs in sealed boxes are just as loud, but the w7 is definately clearer in my opinion

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 10w7 I'm looking to get rid of as it definately won't fit in the back seat. Used to have it in a sub specific 1.25 cuFt box and damn it was nice (though the wife wasn't impressed with the amount of room it took up in the trunk). Nice sub, wish it fit.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I have a 10w7 I'm looking to get rid of as it definately won't fit in the back seat. Used to have it in a sub specific 1.25 cuFt box and damn it was nice (though the wife wasn't impressed with the amount of room it took up in the trunk). Nice sub, wish it fit.
How much?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wasnt gunna do a down fire box. i was going to do a out fire. if you do it like that it will fit but like yall said it might not have enough air space.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,511 Posts

For those who don't believe. I am going to build a ported box for it this summer. It sounds great but I want the ported box back. You do have to raise the back seat 2" though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah I don't want to raise the back seat. Probably get a single 10" box and sub (CDT Audio to match the comps).

Iceman7329 I sent you a pm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts