GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's not for a GM, but the question is pretty general. Our 03 3.5L Altima needs new front pads and rotors. I don't need anything high-performance (drilled, slotted, etc) and just want to get them from the local parts stores here, and plus I need to get them done ASAP.

How are the Wagner pads/rotors that you can get at Advance or Oreilly's? Are they pretty decent pads for just normal, everyday driving? What about the Duralast pads/rotors from Autozone?

It looks like changing the pads on the Altima is pretty straight forward, but is there anything I should look out for? I shouldn't have to bleed the system since i'm just doing pads and rotors.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Bunch of my cars have Wagners, nice pads... no noise, no dust, etc.

You should be flushing the system every spring!

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
What are the PD pads?
They are the first digits of the P/N's that Wagner uses

PD and QC are ceramic
MX are semi metallic
SX are severe duty
ZX are hi performance

Stay within the lines of PD,QC,MX
SX and ZX are very good but will chew up your rotors faster

I just had a rep come in to my shop from Wagner, which is also Moog, Fel-pro, and many others, and they are sellin the crap out of the PD and QC sets

·
Registered
218 Posts
my tahoe came with autostoned brake pads and shoes on it, they're still good but they squeak all the time.

I had this problem on my grand prix and my wifes car a lot of anything I'd buy would squeak. A friend reccomended wagner thermoquiet. I bought them, they cost twice as much ($50) as any set of pads I'd bought before, but they don't squeak at all and I'd say that's worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.