GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be leaving on the sept. 30'th at 6am and driving 11 hours straight through to Moab, may stop for a power nap after 7-8 hours but will arrive in moab sometime that night... Then leaving on Mon. the 4th at about 6-7am and heading home. Moab is an awesome place that everyone needs to experience at least once in their life :crazy:

Also running the Rubicon Sept. 21st -24th or somewhere around there if anyone wants to go... But I'll be like your worst nightmare of a parental figure if you go to the con, it's in a bad situation right now due to trash and other things.

Lets see, also going to the hammers in JV (apple valley, ca) and that will be Nov. 5-7th. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler there...

Oh, also a run to Big Bear on Aug. 27-29th for some mountainess wheelin. Not absolutely 100% on this one yet but it's a possibility.

Oh, and if anyone under the age of 18 wants to tag along we need a signed permission slip from mommy or daddy, stop laughing I'm serious, hey! I said stop laughing!

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Sorry willys, i really would go but i dont have a moab capable ride. I want pics from the Lions Back, Escalator, and Golden Crack. Dont come back without them.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheLlama said:
Sorry willys, i really would go but i dont have a moab capable ride. I want pics from the Lions Back, Escalator, and Golden Crack. Dont come back without them.
Hey I have lots of seats in the truck open :D

Anywho, I won't drive on lion's back. The top is too narrow for me to turn around, a blazer has to make a 5 point turn... And that drop is just too much. I did walk it last year though:

Top of lions back looking back down:

Dsc01234.gif

Also did escalator last year but can't find any pics, plan on golden crack this year... Also hiked to the 4runner that went over lions back a few years back, even sat in the pass. seat!

Last years convoy:

Dsc01193.gif

I'm all by my lonesome this year :think:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm, yeah, Moab, UT. The whole town is about 5 blocks long and there is only one street... I have reservations at the only campground but there are a few hotels...

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Got any pics of that 4 runner? I havent heard anyhting about that. Or is that the video ie seen on all those MOST EXTREME VIDEOS where that guys brakes go out and his ass goes barreling down half of the lions back.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About 75 feet or so from the top to there and they were both critical and had to be air lifted out. The people that live at the base of Lion's back have pictures of the roll and fall sequence. They also have pics of all the rescue.

·
Registered
832 Posts
hmm, have nay idea how far it is from longmont colorado?

so you will be running the con the weekend before moab? I might take a week off of school and go stay in colorado for a week with my sis and hit up the con and moab on those weekends. If i clear my schedule i dont want this, whiney i broke another part crap! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Longmont is about 6 hours away from Moab but your about 17 hours from the con :insane: It would be worth it though since they already closed spider lake to camping and who knows what else will be closed soon, this may be the last year anyone can run the con...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts