GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have my tahoe up for sale right now and its not paid off, i found this really nice truck i want and the guy may be interested in a trade, but how the hell do you trade a vehicle . and do you think this truck is cool enough to go after i want something that wont be too expensive becuase between going to school and my lady im broke.so what would you do in my shoes i need advice bad. thanks alot guys
heres the link to the truck i want tell me what you guys think of it. of course when i get it im shaving the handles and putting 20 inch billets on it.
http://www.mautofied.com/default.asp?NavX=M2&Results=Detail&PKID=100013016

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i dunno, that truck has 79k miles on it? I don't know, but i'm guessing his suspension isn't top notch, since he didn't write anything about it. Ask him how its bagged, and how it is that low. My friend bought a caprice like that and thought he was getting a deal of a life time. He ended up spending twice what he bought the car for, just on repairs.

In other words... that truck might be a big ass nightmare for you. Or it could be a deal of a life time...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
:word:

Something about a low tahoe is just awesome! :superhack
its a low hoe... and not the kind thats in ur garden.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would keep the 'hoe cuz its bigger...u might not like going from a big truck to a small truck, even if it is hooked up. Your 'hoe has a lot of potentiall and if u do hook it up it'll be your creation not someone elses.

my $0.02

·
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see the thing about the tahoe is i have to get rid of it. i dont want to but the great state of taxifornia wont let me keep it, i bought it off ebay new in 2000 had it shipped here from florida and dmv said i couldnt register it becuase it doesnt have 7,500 miles on it so i drove until it had 8,000 miles on it took it back they said no again , they told me its red flagged and the vin number cannot ever be registered in this state, so i cant sell it to a cali resident so im screwed hardcore with the tahoe even though i love it there making me get rid of it thats why i have posts on here to find dealerships and stuff in reno so i can go there and trade it in.its hard to sell a tahoe thats 2wd and white to many states becuase they have snow and everything. thats why im only selling it for 16,500 i have to get rid of it i pay 400 a month and i haven tdriven it since january of 03 , not legally at least.so anyone out of state tell your friends and family help me out please .thanks again for alll your guys responses and advice i love this site , way better than the others ive beeen on.

·
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man that dropped yukon is so sexy its taking away my thoughts of janets boob on the halftime show , oh yeha btw anyone get a pic of that post it . hehe.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey man, that guy gave a friend of mine the run around on a trade for his dually, so my friend finly said the hell with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i dont understand the deal with the title , why cant you register it in cali , and why is some one else going to be able to register it in another state?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
ask that guy with the red truck for pictures of it in the daytime, honestly who the fuck tries to sell a truck with only nite-time pics, looks shady to PBucch....:read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
K1500_4X4 said:
i dont understand the deal with the title , why cant you register it in cali , and why is some one else going to be able to register it in another state?
sales tax... i'm guessing. One of my friends has a house in Oregon, so they buy cars up there to avoid the tax. I think u need a residency of the other state to get around cali laws. They prbly just won't let him simply pay the sales tax since the car wasn't bought in cali.

·
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
exactly what 2k1 said .its supposedly an emissions law.but since im in auto tech trainig for gm i talk to my instructor bout these things and i put it on our smog diagnostic in the shop passes 100 everytime.what it is they dont want people buying new cars out of state and bringing them into cali, i bought mine with 4,000 miles on it i tried to register it right when it got off teh trailer from florida, little did i know it has to have 7,500 miles to be registered in cali so if i had 7,500 miles on it when took it to the dmv the would have titled it in cali nad sent me on merry way. so just goes to show do your homework before you buy atruck of the net or ebay where mine came from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts