GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NNBS ECSB
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife's GMC ACADIA has stock bose. And my silverado has stock speakers. I want the silverado to sound equal to the Acadia or better but do not want a full blown system. I know everyone hates the bose but it sounds god enough for our ears and the kids. I already installed a double din pioneer and the speakers still sound like crap. I have a JL 360 watt 4 channel amp I would like to use.

Would buying 3 way or 4 way speakers give me the sound I am looking for ? I know Bose blows and I can just add a sub. But I don't want to. I appreciate any help

·
01 ecsb 2wd silverado
13 Posts
So my wife's GMC ACADIA has stock bose. And my silverado has stock speakers. I want the silverado to sound equal to the Acadia or better but do not want a full blown system. I know everyone hates the bose but it sounds god enough for our ears and the kids. I already installed a double din pioneer and the speakers still sound like crap. I have a JL 360 watt 4 channel amp I would like to use.

Would buying 3 way or 4 way speakers give me the sound I am looking for ? I know Bose blows and I can just add a sub. But I don't want to. I appreciate any help
I sorted posts by new and when I read your post title I thought you wanted your truck's exhaust to sound like an Acadia.

Anyways for the speakers. This site is great to get everyone's opinions but at the end of the day it's your truck so do what you want. I personally had bose speakers in my old truck, and they sounded awesome. Regardless they'll be a step up from your stock speakers.

I am not a audio expert and other guys can speak in with their wisdom because I know a lot more goes into it than just the speakers.

·
NNBS ECSB
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 or 3 way component set is what I'd do
Will a component set give a full sound, low mid and high. I don't need truck rattling bass anymore but enough to match up with what the bose is putting out.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
It will out perform blose in every way. But remember. Deadener us your friend

·
NNBS ECSB
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will out perform blose in every way. But remember. Deadener us your friend
Cool man. I appreciate your help. What would you recommend for the back doors? I think it's either 4-5" speaker back there

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Nothing. I haven't used reR speakers in years. Sounds better without them

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I was in this boat as well and didn't want to spend much of anything but wanted better sound. I had an 03 with bose and that was good enough for me. I went on crutchfields site and picked speakers I wanted, than bought them on ebay. I think I may have 85 bucks into all four. Kicker and Rockford Fosgate I think. Sounds much better than stock for cheap money.

·
NNBS ECSB
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in this boat as well and didn't want to spend much of anything but wanted better sound. I had an 03 with bose and that was good enough for me. I went on crutchfields site and picked speakers I wanted, than bought them on ebay. I think I may have 85 bucks into all four. Kicker and Rockford Fosgate I think. Sounds much better than stock for cheap money.
Are they 2 way or 3 way components?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You can get the precision power 3 way set for like 220.

But yes you will be happy with a regular components

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts