GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of the useless fucking jump seat and want to do a full console in my RC. What all is involved in this? Where is the best/cheapest place to find a console at? Are all consoles created equal or are there any upgraded versions (denali,esct,ect)? Also I'd like to see pics of RC's with consoles in them. Thanks gang.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need a flip up console in charcoal :)
You mean the jump seat? I'll sell ya mine, it's covered in Katzkin graphite leather, or I can dig up the stock charcoal cloth.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Okay. Escalade and denali consoles ae a bit nicer...becasue they have different finishes etc...but wont match ur Charcoal interior..unless you do a Denali dash upgrade.

GEt a console out of a Crew cab, or Yukon etc. and you also need the glovebox and entire bezel that is around it...the center console bezel allows the console to tuck up close to the dash.

Beside the two pieces it jsut slips right in...I dont have many pics but this is how mine looks.

Lights041.gif

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
or get one froma cc or ec 99-02 and you dont need the glovebox, well on mine i didnt

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I DO have a Denali dash bezel right now... Does the Denali console have the wood grain on it? That'd be sick.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Ive got an 03+ in my truck Joe, I can take whatever pictures you might want.

Problem with mine, I put that newer console into a 2000 model truck. The colors of trim, although they were called the same name are different shades. Its not bad, but I notice its there. I dont think thats an issue with you though, thought yours was an 03?

You WILL need the glove box bezel, assembly whatever. You can use your stock glove box, and just replace the bezel if it works out cheaper that way. No modification has to be done, it fits perfect with no problems.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
post pics of your interior, joe. I have a center console in my truck (had that non-fold down center seat before) but i dont have the piece that connects the console to the lowerdash

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My shit as it sits now. I'm thinking a full console with the console lid being in the denali wood grain would look fuckin sick.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
gmc.com has photos of the denali console if you click on sierra classic. They want a freaking arm and a leg for them though, even on ebay. If you can find one without paying a grand for it, go for it, it'll look far better than the standard console.

You sure you want to give up the capability to haul 3 ppl? You'll also be giving up an armrest.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
gmc.com has photos of the denali console if you click on sierra classic. They want a freaking arm and a leg for them though, even on ebay. If you can find one without paying a grand for it, go for it, it'll look far better than the standard console.

You sure you want to give up the capability to haul 3 ppl? You'll also be giving up an armrest.
and roadhead.... :read:

·
Test Analyst
26 Posts
The main thing that I dont like about the "jumpseat" is that the cupholders are on the floor. On my morning commute, I keep having to reach to the floor to cet my cup. I want something right there at the level of the arm rest...

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
The main thing that I dont like about the "jumpseat" is that the cupholders are on the floor. On my morning commute, I keep having to reach to the floor to cet my cup. I want something right there at the level of the arm rest...
haha, its not that far down:imo

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my jumpseat is useless anyway. I can't fold it up due to the size of my sub box, so ya.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
well are you sure that the center console would even fit in there then? i know it was within an inch of my box on the very bottom

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Positive? No. I figure it's got to be pretty damn close to the dimensions of the jumpseat though, which has about 2" of clearance. It's just not enough clearance for the seat to fold all the way up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Before:
DSCN0331.jpg

After:
DSCN0335.jpg

I got mine from a local guy for $400, which included all console parts and glovebox bezel. I've seen quite a few consoles pop up on ebay as of late for cheaper, so you can probably get a good deal on it, Just don't go to the dealer, I hear they want $1800+ for one :insane:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts