GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hella
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah yeah....If you cant figure out what im using it for dont bother posting in here.

Lemme know what you got!!!
:big_banana_Dance:

·
Hella
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 90% is ZEX....a few pieces im getting from Dynotune nitrous....
staying with a 75 until I can make up my mind on a FI setup.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
What all do yo plan to do with the throttle body spacer? Even if you drill and tap it, it's not going to work nearly as good as a nitrous plate kit.

If you've ever looked at a plate kit they all are drilled 360* rather than just one big hole.

Kind of a waste of time and money if you ask me.

·
Hella
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What all do yo plan to do with the throttle body spacer? Even if you drill and tap it, it's not going to work nearly as good as a nitrous plate kit.

If you've ever looked at a plate kit they all are drilled 360* rather than just one big hole.

Kind of a waste of time and money if you ask me.
but $ 250-300 for a nice plate? I cant justify that right now, considering I may not have the zex kit on for that long... I dont wanna drill/tap my intake tube or my rubber elbow, then bother finding a plug/cap to cap it off later. The spacer seems like the cleanest logical answer for right now, and it will take care of all "visual" evidence that it was ever on there in the engine area...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
but $ 250-300 for a nice plate? I cant justify that right now, considering I may not have the zex kit on for that long... I dont wanna drill/tap my intake tube or my rubber elbow, then bother finding a plug/cap to cap it off later. The spacer seems like the cleanest logical answer for right now, and it will take care of all "visual" evidence that it was ever on there in the engine area...
I can relate to that I suppose. I bought my kit used so I never had to pay that much for a plate kit.

·
Hella
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can relate to that I suppose. I bought my kit used so I never had to pay that much for a plate kit.
What did you pick yours up for? If you dont mind me asking. I love the plate kits from ( cant remember the company right now, shit) but for the time being Im just going to hack up a spacer If I can pick one up for the $40 range.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
What did you pick yours up for? If you dont mind me asking. I love the plate kits from ( cant remember the company right now, shit) but for the time being Im just going to hack up a spacer If I can pick one up for the $40 range.
I paid $460 for a nitrous express wet kit, bottle heater, hsw plate kit, bottle heater, and purge.

·
Hella
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I paid $460 for a nitrous express wet kit, bottle heater, hsw plate kit, bottle heater, and purge.
HSW! thats the one!, If I came across that at that price I would have done that a long time ago lol! I got the Dynotune bottle heater and still need to figure out a blowdown setup out of the cab :/

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
HSW! thats the one!, If I came across that at that price I would have done that a long time ago lol! I got the Dynotune bottle heater and still need to figure out a blowdown setup out of the cab :/
If you find a better idea let me know. I have mine ghetto rigged right now, which works,but i want to change it. I would recommend using some braided line instead of using hardline for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have one but you will need to get the new gaskets for it. Its an AirRaid I beleive, make me an offer and its yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts