GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Yes. I have lots of experience with them.
Its more of a PITA than its worth. You're better off getting a GOlight or something. > http://www.golight.com/

The percentage of cracking or shattering your windshied while drilling the hole is VERY high. Trust me. I've put on more of these than I can count.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That deer is possessed by evil spirits.
Everyones posts are possessed by irrelevance, except JayBo. Really good episode on last night, too bad you missed it you close minded fool :crazy:

The percentage of cracking or shattering your windshied while drilling the hole is VERY high. Trust me. I've put on more of these than I can count.
Ah, not if I had a shop do it.Even if they did crack the shield, I wouldn't pay. Anyway I think they just look sick and having a light there all time, already powered up and ready to go. I know I'd never leave it anywhere or wonder if I left it somewhere. Tight mod :imo:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have seen them on the NNBS Tahoes that some Sheriff dept use. So if you look around enough from where cops get there equipment you can probily get a kit that works better then a universal kit.

I think they look ok, but I can see how they may look cool on a new truck going for a street rod look.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Damn, I typed like a whole paragragh reply to this yesterday, and I have no idea where it went

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Anyway, all-in-all its going to be a bigger PITA than you think.
They only make universal kits for vehicles as old as ours.
You will have to notch the door and if not done perfectly will look like total crap and rust like crazy.

Etc...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
I've always wanted one for my truck (although it would be ugly). I work on cop cars at work and this is the brand they used.

http://unityusa.com/Default.htm

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I love playing with mine.

Old truck

New truck

only decent picture i have but it's on there. We used it to light up the front entrance area of the hotel the other night bc the power went out for 5 hours and it was super dark and everybody including kids were out front. It worked pretty well. Gave everybody light out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts