GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 GMC Sierra SLT cc z71. I'm wanting a 6" suspension lift for it, but not really sure on which route to go. Rough country's 6" NTD with kicker braces shipped would cost me nearly $1,200 which isn't horribly bad, but I've heard of people getting a lot better deals than that. Just looking for some input. I have a 1.5" body lift that I'm putting on too. Just looking to clear 35's. What are your thoughts? Should I go with a different lift?

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
rcx ntd is a 4'' cranked to a 6''. so angles will not be as good as other lifts that drop the diff more. but crank it up to 6'' and you'll be able to clear 35s with most wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean id pay for the 6", but should I get anything else other than kicker braces? And are there any faults with the rough country lifts I should know about. To date all my trucks have only had a leveling kit, and my friends have had some lifts, but never kept them long after installing.

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
Everyone will have their own opinion. I, personally, like Cognito. FTS is probably one of the most popular ones on this site, however. I've heard a lot of good feedback on the McGaughys lift kits but really don't know much about them.

My main comment would be to try to keep your CV angles flat as possible if you want to retain a decent ride. As you crank your suspension for more height you change the geometry of the suspension and, as a result, you will have a harsher ride as well as a lot more wear on suspension and steering components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts