GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the hidden mount winch kit from Warn? If so, what is your opinion?

A. Love it, would do it again.
B. So-so, but would recommend something else.
C. I'll give the damn thing away, it's a POS.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
personally i would get a drawtite front hitch and a multimount warn winch. this way you can move it front to back very easily, or even move it to a buddies truck if they are wired to use it. also, you can throw it in the garage if you know you wont need it. this will keep it out of the weather, and out of site from thieves when not in use. at work, we are warn certified distributors, and try to lean our customers towards that set up above.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Josh. Since your a distributor, can you get part numbers and prices?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
cbrxx said:
Thanks for the feedback Josh. Since your a distributor, can you get part numbers and prices?
I actually dont do any internet sales. the drawtite part # is 650?? i dont remember the last 2 numbers off the top of my head. and warn winches come in many varietys.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I agree with Josh.

That setup is fine and I know it will work but Personally I like the idea of putting on a front hitch and using the multimount system so it can be used front and back. And taken off when not in use to keep it out of the weather and out of reach for the other people that want one but are to tight to pay for it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I've had a chance to shop, I totally agree. I just need to save a few more pennies before pulling the trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts