GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original setup was a stock bottom end 355 with the exception of TRW flat tops. It ended up with Brodix heads, large cam, 850 demon, 4200 stall converter, and 4.56 gears. As you can imagine, it took the fun of driving this "street car" out of it. The fastest pass on the old smallblock was [email protected], 1.72 60', car weighed in at 4100# with driver.

A few pictures of the car, and old engine setup... All steel, factory monaco blue, stock interior (no pics of the interior)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going under the knife...

Truck full-0-goodies....

Test fitting the new BBC before tearing the front clip down...

Firewall done...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going back together...

Master cyl, linelock, and baer proportioning valve...

Ugly BBC...

Not so ugly anymore...

More pics to come soon. Next is stabbing motor and trans...

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Nice. Fenderwell exit headers?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
damn I love those impalas

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. Fenderwell exit headers?
No. Due to the X-frame on those cars, the exhaust has to run outside the frame. All of the aftermarket headers for them point outward, then the exhaust has to come back in at a 90* angle. It works perfect though because we can run cutouts straight out of the header, then splice the exhaust off of that to the back. I will lay the exhaust out for the car and snap a shot tonight if I get a chance...

As you can see in the picture, the cutout is right behind the front tires, then the exhaust angles back in to the center of the car, 3", runs through a pair of 50 series flows, then angles back out along the X-frame and dumps right in front of the rear tires. As you can see then, you just cap and uncap the cutouts depending on whether you want open headers or not. Functionality of this is great, and it adds a little more of that old hotrod styling to the car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MYSHTBX came by tonight and we prepped and stabbed the motor. Also did some test fitment of the headers and distributor. So far it all fits like butter, although it took some work to get the motor and trans in all together...

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
looks great man...i LOVE impala's. my in-laws have a '64 in storage that is rust free...and still has the plastic on the seats. i want it so bad...it would just be restored to stock though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those doors are in the process of being painted now, sorry. :read:

And as for the motor, it's pretty soft really. Nothing more than a bone stock GM Crate 502, rated at 450 hp. For starters it'll be on 150 shot of nitrous, and next winter it'll get a cam and heads.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what did u do with the old motor?
It was sold... If you are interested in a smallblock however, I have a 406 for sale :) Great for hauling the weight of our big ass trucks around. I was going to run it in my '87.

I've not gotten a whole hell of alot farther on the impala, but I'll get out and snap a few pics tonight if I can :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts