GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What problems have yall had. Does any one else have the stupid little knock coming from the engine my brother had it and they did a rebuild of top end of the engine they said it was some messed up lifters. I heard all nbs chevy have it but mine sounds bad. some stock speakers are blown interior overhead console light broken transmission slips a little i think. Also does a KN intake void the warranty i know a proggrammer does but i thought KN didn't but i heard it does. i really dont want to hace to put the stock one back on. ANy info would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I dunno, i think the knock from the engine is the piston slap that doesn't do anything but everyone complains about. Speakers blown? Upgrade them, i don't think its even worth the trouble to get the warranty people to look at them. Console light could be burnt out..bulbs tend to do that... Transmission slipping? how can you tell, what makes you say that? I don't know about the warranty void though, i've never had a warranty :)

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The overhead light the button you push has pushed all the way in. The transmission problem is when ever i get on it when im going about 50 when i stop flooring it and the rpms are coming back down and it starts to downshift it hesitates coming back into third gear it is just one of those things that you just know is different from what it used to be b/c when u drive something everyday and and one day something is different about the way it drives u just know. plus the reason im going to let them fix the small stuff is b/c im going to take advantage of the warranty b/c i have never had one either so why not plus im going out of town for spring break so i wont need it for a week.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has any one had any warranty work done and what will void the warranty i know programmer will but will KN intake make a difference

·
Registered
601 Posts
Blue02 said:
Has any one had any warranty work done and what will void the warranty i know programmer will but will KN intake make a difference
No, unless that is the cause of the problem. It is part of the Magnuson-Moss act.

This is the sema consumer website. Lots of good info.
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/

Federal Warranty Laws

1.The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of this law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle makers brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name....” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Regarding the cold start knock, many seem to be getting GM to offer a 100,000 mile engine warranty. (takes a little work on your part)

The biggest thing is to get ANY and ALL issues documented while still under warranty. That way if the problem persists or comes back you will still be covered for that issue under warranty. e.g. My girlfriend's cavalier blew a head gasket under waranty (gm extended the warranty on that part because of known issues). Got it replaced. Blew another. This time it was after the 100K head gasket warranty had expired. They covered the repair and installed a new head no charge. Hasn't leaked since.

Read up about the knock issue here:
http://www.pistonslap.com/

·
Registered
716 Posts
Blue02 said:
I know im a little late but hopefully not too late, I recently took my truck in for tranny work. I took the programmer off but kept the intake on, they didnt give me any troubles. The stealership told me that my tranny was bad partly because of the weight of the rims but I didnt take em off when I took it in and they still repaired the tranny cuz it was under warranty. It all depends on the dealership that u go to. Some will work w/ u and some will say that it was your fault. If one doesnt help u out try going to another dealership.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
But isn't there some system/service that dealers can see what problems/work you've had done at another dealer? They would know another dealer didn't want to work on it. I think it's called something like Carfax.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Are you sure the programmer voids the warranty the dealer I just got my truck from sells the HPP3 at a reasonable price too. I dont think the K&N intake will void anything either also on my old truck the water pump went out at 30K miles but I dont know how they could check that.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I'm not sure if it voids it but might as well have it back to stock since they're gonna hook it up to the diagnostic and check stuff on the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts