GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't help but ask again. If I lift my truck before the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty is up will it void it? I asked a service guy at my local dealer and he said it would void all suspension, Duh, and powertrain, but I have dealt with this guy before and I think he's lucky to know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground. The dealer that I bought my truck from(different dealer) sells trucks that have pro comp lifts and 35" tires and they still warranty those, so I just want to know what the hell the deal is. Oh ya, my window sticker says I have a 4.10 axle ratio, but I'm not sure is there any way I can check?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
well if you window sticker says 4.10s and you dont have them then i would take the truck back and demand a full refund :crazy:

look in the glove box. GT4 is 3.73, so if you dont have that they you have the 4.10s :head:

as for the warranty, yes a lift will void all suspension warranty. it may or may not void all steering warranty, some people have no trouble with dealers in this aspect. the dealer would find it VERY difficult to void your engine warranty or transfer case warranty. rear end, front diff, and tranny for sure can be voided.

the reason that one dealer warranty's those trucks is because they installed everything them selves :read:

now you could probably sue them for refusing yours when you have the same modifications and they refuse you for getting stuff installed elseware :crazy:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Try a bunch of dealers if you have problems (definatly try your home dealer first, i'm sure they want your business), if you know what shit you want fixed when you go into the dealership, they usually wont mess you around, if your timid and let them push you around you will get :eek:wned2:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I lifted mine before the warenty was up, and still got them to replace my pitman arm, idler arm, tie rods etc... AFTER the lift. They have to PROVE that the lift caused the damage. Its the law :whip:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Badassilverado said:
One dealer told me they "couldn't even look at" the power steering because of my drop.

Said it voided the entire suspension warranty.
What :bs:

Most dealers are willing to work with you, they are absolutely stupid not to since they are the ones getting paid for the work under the warranty. Alot of dealers are only out for themselves and could care less for their customers though, bad business practice :pow:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I lifted mine before the warenty was up, and still got them to replace my pitman arm, idler arm, tie rods etc... AFTER the lift. They have to PROVE that the lift caused the damage. Its the law :whip:
Since its the law they have to prove it...wouldn't that mean they would also HAVE TO look at it???? isn't it kinda hard to diagnose something w/o seeing it first??? i see it like this, they have to find the problem first, then prove its caused by somthing you have done, then if they prove it, they can go w/o fixin it under warrenty...looks like ur dealer has everything out of order.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My brother just got a 2004 GMC Crew Cab HD and he wanted to lift it. The sealership told him that it would void the entire warrenty, and if he wanted a lifted one he could buy it from them with out voiding the warrenty. I guess they just want to make sure the work is done right. They wouldnt even let him get 35's with out a lift. They told him only 2 tire sizes bigger or the warrenty is void. :eek:wned2:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dreamrr said:
My brother just got a 2004 GMC Crew Cab HD and he wanted to lift it. The sealership told him that it would void the entire warrenty, and if he wanted a lifted one he could buy it from them with out voiding the warrenty. I guess they just want to make sure the work is done right. They wouldnt even let him get 35's with out a lift. They told him only 2 tire sizes bigger or the warrenty is void. :eek:wned2:
I dont think they want to make sure its done right they just want to get a bunch of money for the lift. The dealer I got my truck from had a silverado with a pro comp 6" lift, 35" BFG's, some eagle alloys and a HPP3 and they wanted $11,000 for that stuff. What tire size would be two sizes bigger than stock, I have P265/75/R16's.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would my truck look funny with 33"s and a 6" lift, if I did that then I would only void my suspension warranty, but the suspension would be covered by the lift shop and I would still have a powertrain warranty right?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
11K for lift tires and rims is fuckin insane. They are making 7-8K on those mods. BS if you ask me. That is why they will warrenty it, because hell you are paying them an extra 8K so why not? I doubt they even do the in house lift, probly sub it out...

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aberbaseball7 said:
11K for lift tires and rims is fuckin insane. They are making 7-8K on those mods. BS if you ask me. That is why they will warrenty it, because hell you are paying them an extra 8K so why not? I doubt they even do the in house lift, probly sub it out...
They don't do the lift it said it was done by 4WP.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, that is what I was thinking. So what is different between them having 4wp install and you having 4wp install? Nothing, the work will be the same, but like I said its all about screwing you over big time and adding that much more to what they are making...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts