GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Soap and water, works like a charm! :naughty:

No actually 100% cotton towels, bleach out for white letters (tires), spray on turtle wax.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Carwash soap & water.. Microfiber towels to dry..
I've just started to use this stuff called AutoMagic, I was using this stuff called Bobby Wax before my cousin turned me on to AutoMagic..

http://www.automagic.com/

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i use car washing soap. Random towels to dry. I used to do zaino and stuff, but realized it wasn't really worth it. So now i just use final detail spray on wax. It beads water like crazy and leaves my paint with a soft feeling.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i use car washing soap. Random towels to dry. I used to do zaino and stuff, but realized it wasn't really worth it. So now i just use final detail spray on wax. It beads water like crazy and leaves my paint with a soft feeling.
When I use AutoMagic my truck also has a very soft feeling.. It also has a wet look to it and smells like perfume..

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
-Meguiar's Deep Purple Car wash Soap
-Absorber Shammy to dry it off
-quick drive around the block to blow out water from the mirrors and door handles
-wipe down with the absorber again
-Mothers Billet polish for my wheels

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VicRed said:
-Meguiar's Deep Purple Car wash Soap
-Absorber Shammy to dry it off
-quick drive around the block to blow out water from the mirrors and door handles
-wipe down with the absorber again
-Mothers Billet polish for my wheels
Where did you get your absorber shammy at?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
1buda said:
When I use AutoMagic my truck also has a very soft feeling.. It also has a wet look to it and smells like perfume..
mine smells like CAAANDY!

i think you can get the absorber at pretty much any auto parts stores. Its like 10 bucks i believe...

i perfer the drive 80 to get the water off, b/c water gets into crevices of the truck and going fast seems to get it out.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i used turtle wax car wash till the bottle ran out. i was in a hurry one day and used dish soap. sounds odd, but it actually worked better than the actual car wash stuff. i always use a bucket and mitt, then towels i stole from a full service carwash my buddies work at. meguiars gold class all the way, i bought it to test it out, and wont use anything else.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I got my absorber's at Wal-Mart. I have also seen them at Autozone.

·
Registered
752 Posts
lowred said:
i used turtle wax car wash till the bottle ran out. i was in a hurry one day and used dish soap. sounds odd, but it actually worked better than the actual car wash stuff. i always use a bucket and mitt, then towels i stole from a full service carwash my buddies work at. meguiars gold class all the way, i bought it to test it out, and wont use anything else.
Dish saop is one of the worst things you could of done! It eats away at your clear coat. If anything you should use shampoo. The best car supplies is www.mothers.com They have a car wash soap that smells like bubble gum. I wouldn't trust anything else on my truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I go to a local distributor for detailing supplies. So i use their car soap (smells like cherry), a mitt and sometimes a brush. Then i squeegee and finish with some cotton towels.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Shift said:
Got mine at NAPA. :D Anybody use one of those Water Blades?
I just started a thread about the Waterblade, I love mine but need to get a new one as the silicon is sort of getting worn .. it lasted several good years though. If you aren't familiar with it its a silicone blade that you has a handle and you squeege your paint, it wont scratch as silicone is the same thing they make fake boobies out of, lol, very soft. They only run about $19 for the big ones.

·
Registered
788 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
mine smells like CAAANDY!

i think you can get the absorber at pretty much any auto parts stores. Its like 10 bucks i believe...

i perfer the drive 80 to get the water off, b/c water gets into crevices of the truck and going fast seems to get it out.

I got pulled over for doing that once. Luckily, only got a warning cuz that was my excuse...lol. :head:

·
Registered
413 Posts
rinse, meguiars gold class car wash shampoo and conditioner, rinse, water blade, take a lap, chamois, meguiars gold class endurance tire shine

1 - 20 of 57 Posts