GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any how-to Tips yall can give me on Waxing my truck?

I usually keep my truck a on the dirty side. And I dont have much experience with things like waxing and stuff.
I got me some Meguiars Gold Class b/c I was told it was some good stuff. But was wondering if yall could give me some pointers for the best results.

Would it be better to do it section by section? Or cover the entire truck and then remove it? How long is best to leave it on and why?

If these are stupid questions Sorry:crazy: I have never been big on detailing and dont know anything about it.

Thanks

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Make sure the body panels are clean and cool. Don't do it in direct sunlight either. Use a quality 100% cotton towel to avoid putting swirl marks into the paint and take your time, it takes forever to get dried wax off of those plastic pieces like the door handles and rearview mirrors if you get some on :read:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also buy a meguires foam pad. It is yellow. The wool or cotton pads alot of people use when waxing are the main cause swirl marks. Also use plenty of towels. If the wax starts to build up on the towel to where you can see it it is time to change sides of the towel of move to a new one.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pointers, they were a great help b/c I really didnt know what I was doing lol.

Spend the first part of the day going yard work :bawl: But got to cleaning the truck about lunch time.
4Hours later im finished and it looks like I know what Im doing even though I didnt when I first started!

Im completely tired now lol, but it actually looks better (shiny) than it has ever looked since I first brought it home

Ill put up a couple pics a little later

Thanks for the pointers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts