GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 chevy... My passenger floorboard is getting soaked after it rains... it seems le only the carpet and padding is getting wet... the black rubber pad that flows down the firewall and partially onto the floorboard with the foam padding underneath doesnt seem to be getting wet...

05truckwet_zpsbfc23474.jpg

05truckwet2_zpsb080e1a4.jpg

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any common areas that leak on these? I have never noticed it leaking before. Had the truck for a year, just recently noticed after last rain storm... I dried it out and then we had some rain again all this weekend and its wet again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so open it and blow the drains out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The cabin filter is on that side. Check the cowl it could be blocked causing water to drain inside the truck.

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sunroof. And 03+ don't have cabin filters. I have no idea where it's coming in from...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My 97 used to to the same thing..... mine was leaking along the seal under the hood, almost right in front of where the antenna. i just got some clear silicone and filled that area full of it and it stopped. i ended up getting a water hose and letting water run on it so i could locate the leak.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Crazy. I was literally coming here to post the same thread. I am getting frustrated trying to figure this out...

I called my brother who used to be a VW tech and he said those cars would have clogs around the wiper cowl and it would cause water to flow inside the cabin. I haven't removed my cowl to check for debris, but I would really like to know what you find out about yours. I only notice it after very heavy rains overnight when the truck is parked, not necessarily while driving.

John

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Check all of your drains first. I agree with the water hose method. On my old truck, the seam sealer seemed to let water through on the driver side of the truck.

The third brake light is also a known leaking point in the 99-06 trucks.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Check all of your drains first. I agree with the water hose method. On my old truck, the seam sealer seemed to let water through on the driver side of the truck.

The third brake light is also a known leaking point in the 99-06 trucks.
I've never looked into the drains, do you have an idea or picture of which ones/where they are?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Ive heard of the AC condensation drain clogging up. Check that. Its a black elbow on the pass side of the firewall under the hood.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I had this on my old Yukon, and some one else here with, I believe, an 03 truck. For some reason or the other a little bit of water pools on the weather strip ridge, crevice under the plastic sill plate. Then the water spills over under the carpet and gets everything soaked. I, nor the other gentlemen, could ever find the leak. Both of us solved it by cutting a little part off the weather stripping on the bottom and creating a drain for the water to flow out; it stopped the problem dead on its tracks.

Mr. 960

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you know what Mr. 960 that makes sense. I left the carpet pulled up because we had some rain coming. very light rain, but rain non the less. anyway, it seemed like it was wet around the door sill and not up towards the firewall... can you explain a little bit more on exactly what you did Mr. 960?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
where the weather stripping slips onto the pinch weld flange there is a crevice right along side it facing the outside. This is the part that faces the exterior of the truck. Cut a slash on the outer edge of the weather stripping with a razor blade. Then cut another one about 3/16" apart from the first cut. Now you will have a 3/16" channel for the water to run out and through the bottom of the door. Kind of hard to explain, but I think you'll get the idea. Just make sure that the cut goes all the way up and meets the crevice so the water can flow out freely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 05 silverado on my drivers side, rain gets in the gutter fills up and depending on how much it rained will overflow onto the carpet, my local glass repair place has yet to find the problem but im offshore and will continue to search for where this water is getting in

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had this problem on my 2000 and i went through this whole process to find out the problem and it turns out the windshield was leaking the whole time, i got my window replaced by Safelite and when they pulled off the widow i looked at the pass side pillar and there was drip marks on the metal, so my guess is that its the windshield

1 - 16 of 16 Posts