GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know the best way to get rid of water spots. i've tried everything. vinegar, solvents from the auto store,and scraping them with a blade nothing works.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
where are they? windows, chrome, piant?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
a liquid wax and super fine steel wool will take water spots right off of the windows.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
try some ssr1, pws, or, if you want some local cleaners, go w/ whats been suggested already, clr, barkeepers friend, etc .Just make sure to wash afterwards and avoid getting those on your paint :)

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Have we not been washing consistently? :nonono:

:crazy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i had some bad ones on my trk and had to use steel wool with bar keepers friend. i worked in the bar keepers with the wet steel wool and then rinsed it with the hose, dried with terry towel and then cleaned with window cleaner and they looked like new.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,318 Posts
use that bio clean i linked...i swear to you its the best. NO steel wool or other bullshit needed. regular terry or microfiber (i used microfiber).

·
Registered
41 Posts
use that bio clean i linked...i swear to you its the best. NO steel wool or other bullshit needed. regular terry or microfiber (i used microfiber).
Id have to agree, I watched John clean his windows with just about everything you could try. This worked great.

·
Registered
174 Posts
does anybody know the best way to get rid of water spots. i've tried everything. vinegar, solvents from the auto store,and scraping them with a blade nothing works.
I'm in the process of doing some demo videos featuring Diamondite glass systems and I have to admit that their Glasswork System Kit ( http://autogeek.net/diamondite-glasswork-kit.html ) works really well at removing water spots off window.

Here is a before and after shot:

Autogeek is also offering 15% off this weekend...use code MEMORIAL07

·
Registered
370 Posts
but those are not the permanant "hard" water spots that are etched into the glass. those look like you just didnt dry your car and then used the system. i bet they would come off with norm glass cleaner. you need to find some abused windows to really test it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
but those are not the permanant "hard" water spots that are etched into the glass. those look like you just didnt dry your car and then used the system. i bet they would come off with norm glass cleaner. you need to find some abused windows to really test it.
Think what you want, but they actually were "hard" water spots from being hit from sprinklers for a couple of weeks while I was on vacation.

I actually did test it on many different types of glass with various degrees of etching and it preformed quite well with all of them.

Here is an example on some house windows:

Before cleaning

After IG and vinegar

Close up of spots

After

·
Registered
370 Posts
touche :whip:

usually the white calcium deposits come off fairly easily, in my experiance. i have had problems with the dark circles that remain if they sit on there too long though. maybe ill give that system a try, my bros s10 has some spots on the back window that drive me crazy every time he comes over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts