GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have to say i am not a fan of it. I used one everyday on at least 20 cars a day 5 days a week and it cleaned the water off pretty good but it scatched the paint on some of the cars. Making sure the blade is clean before you wipe it on your paint is a given but i didnt care for it and wouldnt use it on my truck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i use one to get most of the water off of my truck, then i take a lap around the block to get excess water out, then use a chamois

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
it scratched my car too.. it may be because of a dirty blade but that really pissed me off... NEW PAINT now I'm terrified to wash it!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
On the windows would be be fine but for the rest it'll scratch! If you use an absorber it'll scratch! A regular wash mitt like from Wal-Mart it'll scratch! I only use Micro-Fiber towels to wash and dry my car and truck. Not telling ya'll what to do but I've seen it way too many times. It's the fine scratches and swirl marks you have to watch out for.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I only use mine on the windows only, and it's nothing but Micro-Fiber towels to finish off drying my truck..

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Here's a good site to learn all about detailing: http://www.autopia.org/index.php

Here's a post my brother and his friend posted a while back. Now he's way worse than me when it comes to detailing and cars! http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=313639#post313639

Me and Harley D. did his truck on Sat and it took us about 6 or so hours to do! We washed and clayed it then waxed using Meguiars #7, #9, #20, then a coat of Meguiars new NXT wax (Which is good as fuk!) and then finished it with Meguiars #26. Slickist shit you ever felt!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I did use one and loved it, but had to go over the truck again in some places with a chamois to get everything clean. Now I use an Absorber and am very happy with it. 10 times better than a chamois

·
Registered
397 Posts
You pronounce it (sham-ee). Its basically a leather towel made from sheep, goat, or deer used to dry cars. You probably know what one is, just never spelled it. :read:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts